Subject: "Why doesn't savage feeding trigger on headbutt? nt" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #2512
Show all folders

LaearristFri 03-Oct-03 03:45 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
289 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2512, "Why doesn't savage feeding trigger on headbutt? nt"

no really I just want to know.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply SF HB makes more sense then SF Bash, kellog (Anonymous), 08-Oct-03 01:39 AM, #14
Reply that's the whole point, incognito, 08-Oct-03 12:36 PM, #15
     Reply game balance maybe?, Rogue, 08-Oct-03 02:02 PM, #16
          Reply Considering orcs could not SF on bashes when they got i..., Sandello, 08-Oct-03 06:54 PM, #17
Reply try doing both at the same time IRL, break yo teef man!..., inzar, 03-Oct-03 04:00 PM, #1
     Reply RE: try doing both at the same time IRL, break yo teef ..., Laearrist, 03-Oct-03 04:03 PM, #2
     Reply RE:, inzar, 03-Oct-03 04:09 PM, #3
          Reply headbutt lags pretty well, I'm sure there is ample time..., Laearrist, 03-Oct-03 04:21 PM, #4
     Reply Try, Nightgaunt_, 03-Oct-03 04:37 PM, #5
          Reply The gnome got his head chopped off -nt, jaynus, 04-Oct-03 01:33 AM, #6
          Reply Headbutt savage feeds do exist., Rogue, 04-Oct-03 09:31 AM, #7
               Reply This is inaccurate., Valguarnera, 04-Oct-03 12:37 PM, #8
                    Reply RE: This is inaccurate., Laearrist, 04-Oct-03 03:27 PM, #9
                    Reply You need to look at your own code then, Im right., Rogue, 05-Oct-03 09:39 AM, #10
                    Reply You need to look at your own code then, Im right., Rogue, 05-Oct-03 09:39 AM, #11
                         Reply I did before typing it. No SFs are called anywhere. G..., Valguarnera, 05-Oct-03 12:44 PM, #12
                              Reply RE: I did before typing it. No SFs are called anywhere..., Rogue, 05-Oct-03 09:29 PM, #13

kellog (inactive user)Wed 08-Oct-03 01:39 AM
Charter member
#2551, "SF HB makes more sense then SF Bash"
In response to Reply #0

I don't understand how you bite someone while bashing them.

I watch football, and collisions are pretty inelastic. When two targets collide, they immediately fly apart. Also, most good bashes are done with the shoulder. I can't say I've ever seen someone bash with their face =P.

incognitoWed 08-Oct-03 12:36 PM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2555, "that's the whole point"
In response to Reply #14

imagine you rush at someone and basically just bite them. However, your body then slams into theirs and sends them to the ground. Not hard to imagine.

Then imagine trying to headbutt them (i.e. slam your forehead into them) whilst trying to bite them. Not so easy.

RogueWed 08-Oct-03 02:02 PM
Member since 24th Sep 2003
718 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#2556, "game balance maybe?"
In response to Reply #15

I can say from experience, losing sf on bash because you can't realistically bite someone when bashing (the deal is your so close and its SAVAGE FEEDING because your that much of a beast to go nuts on someones face anytime your close enough) but losing that ability would greatly impair and orcs ability to land a kill especially solo.
Other than hide/spinebreaker/war banners, savaging on bashes is bout all an orc has to be able to do enough damage while getting spanked in most fights... imho, i could be wrong.

And apologies to Valg there, you were right, sorry for arguing with you. Thanks for the email.

SandelloWed 08-Oct-03 06:54 PM
175 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2558, "Considering orcs could not SF on bashes when they got i..."
In response to Reply #16

They got that ability along with a lot of other improvements after they were disallowed to join cabals.

inzarFri 03-Oct-03 04:00 PM
Member since 03rd Oct 2003
5 posts
#2513, "try doing both at the same time IRL, break yo teef man!..."
In response to Reply #0

nt

LaearristFri 03-Oct-03 04:03 PM
289 posts
#2514, "RE: try doing both at the same time IRL, break yo teef ..."
In response to Reply #1

I can easily image headbutting someone, then while they are stunned, biting their face...

inzarFri 03-Oct-03 04:09 PM
Member since 03rd Oct 2003
5 posts
#2515, "RE:"
In response to Reply #2

I'd imagine it would come down to speed, they'd have to headbutt someone, then quickly (despite their pain) move forward and bite them while the victim was still stunned. I suppose that would be a dex roll...which for an orc isn't all that great.

LaearristFri 03-Oct-03 04:21 PM
289 posts
#2516, "headbutt lags pretty well, I'm sure there is ample time..."
In response to Reply #3

while they are stunned.

Nightgaunt_Fri 03-Oct-03 04:37 PM
188 posts
#2517, "Try"
In response to Reply #1

throw someone wielding two swords.
Try using kotegaeshi or kans using two swords.
Try bashing and biting someone that is wielding a god damn polearm.
Try to visualise the picture of a giant pincering a gnome.
Try to spinebreak someone when you are wielding two weapons.
Try to get things out of your knapsack while wielding two weapons.
and so on.

jaynusSat 04-Oct-03 01:33 AM
Member since 16th Apr 2003
139 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2519, "The gnome got his head chopped off -nt"
In response to Reply #5

heh

RogueSat 04-Oct-03 09:31 AM
718 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#2522, "Headbutt savage feeds do exist."
In response to Reply #5

Orcs spinebreak fine with two weapons,

and you Do savage feed from headbutts, just not nearly as often, just like some skills you savage harder than other skills, you need to figure that out IC.

-Spontitus

ValguarneraSat 04-Oct-03 12:37 PM
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2524, "This is inaccurate."
In response to Reply #7

A headbutt will not trigger Savage Feeding. You're leading with your forehead, not your teeth, as designed.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

LaearristSat 04-Oct-03 03:27 PM
289 posts
#2525, "RE: This is inaccurate."
In response to Reply #8

So orcs bash with their teeth? sorry, but it had to be said.

RogueSun 05-Oct-03 09:39 AM
718 posts
#2528, "You need to look at your own code then, Im right."
In response to Reply #8

I just retired Spontitus my lev 42 orc, and not as often as bash/crushing/grapple, I was getting savage feeds with head butts.

You can tell me im wrong, but I've done it. So Plbtbtbt!

Seriously, i've gotten them off though.

RogueSun 05-Oct-03 09:39 AM
718 posts
#2529, "You need to look at your own code then, Im right."
In response to Reply #8

I just retired Spontitus my lev 42 orc, and not as often as bash/crushing/grapple, I was getting savage feeds with head butts.

You can tell me im wrong, but I've done it. So Plbtbtbt!

Seriously, i've gotten them off though.

ValguarneraSun 05-Oct-03 12:44 PM
6904 posts
#2531, "I did before typing it. No SFs are called anywhere. G..."
In response to Reply #11

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

RogueSun 05-Oct-03 09:29 PM
718 posts
#2540, "RE: I did before typing it. No SFs are called anywhere..."
In response to Reply #12

Sorry, no log, but just to prove a point, as well help make sure there is a good enough understanding if im right/wrong for the orc race, Ill roll an orc. Give me a few weeks, I dont have a lot of playtime, but Ill show you, and if I remember correctly, I had savage at 100percent most of my life too so if that does/doesnt matter, but i am willing to bet money, I landed savages on headbutts, just not often but i did, and for anyone out there speciall Canish, who i ranked with in the dwarf area near bryn shander, they can testify to that because I was training headbutt up there and getting cap damage for savages, but when I bashed/crushed i got obliterates so.. i dunno. But yeah, Ill get back to you on that

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #2512 Previous topic | Next topic