Subject: "Bard's 'Sing' Skill." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #23824
Show all folders

crackednotbrokeMon 16-Feb-09 02:49 PM
Member since 08th Jul 2006
73 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#23824, "Bard's 'Sing' Skill."
Edited on Mon 16-Feb-09 02:49 PM

Would it be possible to please make sing less difficult to perfect? It all but stops in the 90's with 20 int even with the learning upgrades.

I've got about 9 songs perfected and it has been stuck in the mid 90's for hours, and that's after hours of spamming it up from 85, which it got to naturally(at around level 40, mind you).

Thanks for your consideration.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Bard's 'Sing' Skill., Daevryn, 16-Feb-09 07:01 PM, #6
Reply RE: Bard's 'Sing' Skill., Isildur, 16-Feb-09 07:13 PM, #7
Reply RE: Bard's 'Sing' Skill., Isildur, 16-Feb-09 02:52 PM, #1
     Reply Backfist, binder skills and dirt kick don't unlock half..., Scrimbul, 16-Feb-09 02:54 PM, #2
          Reply RE: Backfist, binder skills and dirt kick don't unlock ..., Isildur, 16-Feb-09 05:18 PM, #3
               Reply No, dude. It's not a matter of having played a bard rec..., Scrimbul, 16-Feb-09 05:29 PM, #4
                    Reply Invokers.... Shields... Mastery... But I agree, sounds ..., Amberion, 16-Feb-09 05:36 PM, #5

DaevrynMon 16-Feb-09 07:01 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#23833, "RE: Bard's 'Sing' Skill."
In response to Reply #0

For me I've always perfected it without really trying circa 30-35, and most of my bards haven't been very high int.

Of course, I'm also out there doing something besides madly trying to hero, including trying to PK, pre-hero, too.

IsildurMon 16-Feb-09 07:13 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#23834, "RE: Bard's 'Sing' Skill."
In response to Reply #6

This is totally unscientific, but here's some info from human bard PBFs. All of these guys perfected sing. No idea whether they spammed it or if they spent a lot of time doing non-ranking activities:

Proletaria, level 45, 92 hours
Bazarov, level 47, 102 hours
Dyneli, level 47, 112 hours
Mahaia, level 35, 31 hours
Mike, level 38, 78 hours

Mahaia was mine. I also played Rilskel recently but haven't paid for the PBF yet. Pretty sure he didn't master it, but I also deleted around rank 20.

IsildurMon 16-Feb-09 02:52 PM
5969 posts
#23825, "RE: Bard's 'Sing' Skill."
In response to Reply #0

Haven't played a bard in a while, but I don't remember sing being that bad. There are some other skills I'd complain about before sing.

Backfist. Binder skills. Maybe dirt kick.

ScrimbulMon 16-Feb-09 02:54 PM
Member since 22nd Apr 2003
884 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#23826, "Backfist, binder skills and dirt kick don't unlock half..."
In response to Reply #1

I've been checked by Imms via the guildmaster for spamming travel tune to get sing up.

For 3 RL hours.

Naturally it was at 99 and the Imm either couldn't, or refused, to set it to 100 for me (since they were already there checking if I was botting after all.)

So yeah. Sing could use a tweak if it's still being that finicky.

IsildurMon 16-Feb-09 05:18 PM
5969 posts
#23829, "RE: Backfist, binder skills and dirt kick don't unlock ..."
In response to Reply #2

Last bard I had that actually ranked up to the point where you need sing to be perfected...I think I had it in the high 90s just from normal use. I'm thinking it probably would have perfected naturally in a few more ranks.

Backfist is pretty superfluous, yeah, but binder skills are integral to the class.

Then again, it's been a while since I had a bard who ranked higher than level 20. So, maybe I'm just misremembering.

ScrimbulMon 16-Feb-09 05:29 PM
Member since 22nd Apr 2003
884 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#23830, "No, dude. It's not a matter of having played a bard rec..."
In response to Reply #3

Sing goes up normal from 75 to 95.

Somewhere around 95 to 100 it starts to act like original spellcraft or lore.

That's what's going on here on the difficulty level.

I can't say anything on invoker spells but considering they can use all their spells without masteries and still do decent damage, it's still not the same thing.

Bard Repertoire Clarifications:
http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=6&topic_id=23735&mesg_id=23735&page=

AmberionMon 16-Feb-09 05:36 PM
Member since 06th Jun 2007
945 posts
#23831, "Invokers.... Shields... Mastery... But I agree, sounds ..."
In response to Reply #4

n/t

Always shoot first and then call whatever you hit the target.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #23824 Previous topic | Next topic