Subject: "Battle is the new Empire? Sort it out someone please!" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #23170
Show all folders

AbernyteTue 06-Jan-09 06:07 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
973 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#23170, "Battle is the new Empire? Sort it out someone please!"

Looking at the recent cabal wars I see that Battle has 42 members! 42! That is a ridiculous amount. When I led the cabal I was to keep the numbers at approximately 30 and that was when we had a larger playerbase. Having 42 ragers is simply stupid and a massive cull is needed. There must be some who are inactive or playing multiple characters.

I can't believe that they have almost 30% more then Empire, which is the cabal designed to be quantity over quality (no Russian inference!).

Some battle Immortal or any Immortal please sort it out.

I was actually considering making a rager until I saw the ridiculous amount of them. Don't know what I will play now because I sure as hell aint playing a mage!

-----Abernyte

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Reply., Dallevian, 06-Jan-09 11:28 AM, #3
Reply RE: Reply., Rayihn, 06-Jan-09 11:36 AM, #4
     Reply RE: Reply., Valkenar, 06-Jan-09 11:48 AM, #5
     Reply RE: Reply., Dallevian, 06-Jan-09 12:18 PM, #6
Reply Application is automated and applicants count toward th..., Quixotic, 06-Jan-09 07:13 AM, #1
     Reply That would make sense then, cheers., Abernyte, 06-Jan-09 08:29 AM, #2

DallevianTue 06-Jan-09 11:28 AM
1620 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#23173, "Reply."
In response to Reply #0

Like mentioned below, applicants count toward the total. However, I think the Rites are this weekend and I would imagine that will thin the crowd somewhat.

You could probably still make a Villager and have a great time. I've seen them getting pretty beat up by Nexus, Orcs, and Empire quite a bit of late. That alone will likely kill off a few more ragers in the next week.

RayihnTue 06-Jan-09 11:36 AM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
#23174, "RE: Reply."
In response to Reply #3

I'm curious why this would thin the crowd? You think people only roll battle right before pending rites to try and get leadership? Is it that big of a perk?

ValkenarTue 06-Jan-09 11:48 AM
1203 posts
#23175, "RE: Reply."
In response to Reply #4

>I'm curious why this would thin the crowd? You think people
>only roll battle right before pending rites to try and get
>leadership? Is it that big of a perk?

Well I can imagine some people do want leadership and that a perceived impossibility of getting it will make them lose interest sooner than they would otherwise.

DallevianTue 06-Jan-09 12:18 PM
1620 posts
#23177, "RE: Reply."
In response to Reply #4

What Valkenar said, for one, but the other is that I think a new leader that hasn't already been in Battle for 100+ hours is more likely to look negatively on a hero that hasn't logged in but once or twice the past month and give them the boot. Also, characters of an 'older guard' usually feel out of place with new leadership and an up-and-coming range and take that time to bow out.

Now, if I were leader, I'd boot the crap out of wafers, slacks, and incompetents, (especially if they have other active characters) but that's just me.

QuixoticTue 06-Jan-09 07:13 AM
Member since 09th Feb 2006
830 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#23171, "Application is automated and applicants count toward th..."
In response to Reply #0

Hunting village applicants is a lot more fun though because they can't get away.

AbernyteTue 06-Jan-09 08:29 AM
973 posts
#23172, "That would make sense then, cheers."
In response to Reply #1

Not as bad as I thought thank Gawd!

-----Abernyte

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #23170 Previous topic | Next topic