Subject: "The changes to healing with the use of a/b/s." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #21985
Show all folders

AbernyteFri 08-Aug-08 01:06 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
973 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#21985, "The changes to healing with the use of a/b/s."

I know it changed and it seems to be alright but can I ask if the same change was applied to Necro/Lich using vampiric touch?

And if it hasn't can it be made so to fall in line with everyone else?

-----Abernyte

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DaevrynFri 08-Aug-08 02:48 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#21990, "RE: The changes to healing with the use of a/b/s."
In response to Reply #0

Pretty sure vampiric touch is also affected by the kinds of DR that limit healing.

Drag0nSt0rmFri 08-Aug-08 02:55 PM
450 posts
#21993, "It was in your original thread"
In response to Reply #3

On the changes to healing and ABS and someone even mentioned "But what about liches?" And you said the same thing, but more certain.

Its just not in the way Aber is expecting. Which from what I've seen works just fine.

ibukiFri 08-Aug-08 01:39 PM
Member since 30th Oct 2005
122 posts
Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#21987, "Healing from your own magic isn't affected."
In response to Reply #0

This only applies to necromancers with vampiric and transmuters with repair though.

IsildurFri 08-Aug-08 02:07 PM
5969 posts
#21988, "RE: Healing from your own magic isn't affected."
In response to Reply #1

I think the source of healing isn't taken into account. I *think* I remember mend wounds healing me less when I was affected by stoneskin and shield, as a shaman.

What counts is where the damage reduction came from. For instance, if you can commune sanctuary and are affected by sanctuary, then it doesn't mess with healing. If you can cast corporeal hardening and are affected by corporeal hardening, then it doesn't affect healing. Etc.

At least, that's always been the rule of thumb I used.

GinGaSat 09-Aug-08 07:59 AM
996 posts
#21998, "Yeah, this is right. And a small idea..."
In response to Reply #2

As Klurak, stoneskin and shield made me heal a lot slower with my mend commune. And when you've got to go from 250 to 1100 and it's only healing 35... that takes a long ass while

Imho, shamans so need a new form of healing that gives them an edge at hero. What did the imms think of our ideas for reworking Fervor and Aristaeia into longer-working combat healing communes? I'd bet Aristaeia's downsides would be far more bareable if you got a moderate regenerative effect from it instead of the flat 300hp.

Yhorian

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #21985 Previous topic | Next topic