Subject: "Kot and Kan" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #21977
Show all folders

AbernyteFri 08-Aug-08 11:06 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
973 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#21977, "Kot and Kan"

Why is it that they damage dexterity AND strength so much?

Why not make them more dex and less str or vice versa.
I dont get how a broken wrist stops me dodging so well or a shoulder for that matter.

-----Abernyte

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

FunnyoneWed 13-Aug-08 09:12 PM
Member since 10th Jul 2006
77 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22021, "RE: Kot and Kan"
In response to Reply #0

Did you get hit by a kot and lose a weapon, so then you pose the question?

Do not talk about what is "real" with CF. If you got your hand broken, "really" you wouldn't wield anything in your hand, and you'd be rolling around on the ground in pain. If you broke your arm, i dont believe your dexterity would be the same as if your arm wasn't broken. Assassins and their "big crunch" dont always happen, so I think it's fine the way it is. Just leave it alone. Dont compare what is "real" Or "realism" as the other put it with CF.

With two broken arms/hands you're not going to wield anything in either hand, and are going to be nothing more than a stump with that last thing on your mind doing a dirt kick, because two arms/hands broken, "shouldn't affect how well you dirt kick."

come on, just leave well enough alone I dont even have an assassin and know that they need something like that to stand a chance at higher ranks if they miss an assassination.

IsildurFri 08-Aug-08 11:43 AM
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#21978, "RE: Kot and Kan"
In response to Reply #0

If you're appealing to realism, then I'd remove the str/dex maledictions altogether and do something like this:

Big kot stays the same, nuking your off hand entirely. Little kot changes to an effect sort of like grease. If you're dual-wielding a weapon, then every time an attack from your off hand is parried or blocked there's a decent chance that you drop your offhand weapon. If you're using a shield in your off hand, then every time you block an attack there's a decent chance that you drop it.

If your dual wield is an instrument or held item...umm...not sure what to do there. This change would make Kot less effective against people like 2h paladins, bards, and invokers.

Both varieties of kans add an effect like symphonic echos, where you randomly miss melee attacks and any skills that involve using your arms. Skills that don't involve the use of your arms (e.g. dirt kick) would not be affected. There would be no "slow" effect from big kans, just an exaggerated version of the overall kans effect.

These changes would also make it so nobody could "prepare" for or negate the effects of kot/kans by loading up on str/dex gear.

Also, just going off realism, axe kick and throw/owaza hyperextension should probably also be dealt with in a similar fashion, but I'm not sure how I would differentiate them from kot/kans.

AbernyteFri 08-Aug-08 12:58 PM
973 posts
#21983, "I like that!~"
In response to Reply #1

~

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #21977 Previous topic | Next topic