Subject: "three for one post!" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #20346
Show all folders

IsildurThu 24-Jan-08 11:26 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#20346, "three for one post!"

First:

Dio's peanut gallery is reporting sneak failing for thieves and assassins. This a new change, something that's always been around, or a collective dose of purple crack?

Second:

What stats on the stunner's part (str? dex?) influence the likelihood of "stun" successfully knocking someone out?

Third:

Same question as above but with cranial. (I know target's headgear plays a part, this question is just about the cranial-er's stats).

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: three for one post!, Zulghinlour, 16-Jan-08 09:06 PM, #6
Reply RE: three for one post!, Eskelian, 17-Jan-08 01:11 AM, #13
Reply Sneaking failing for thieves and assassins., oero, 16-Jan-08 07:47 PM, #3
Reply Please stop answering questions..., Zulghinlour, 16-Jan-08 09:02 PM, #5
Reply Captain Contrary strikes again. -nt-, oero, 16-Jan-08 09:43 PM, #9
     Reply Or maybe zulgh and the entire community don't want newb..., Scrimbul, 17-Jan-08 12:02 AM, #11
          Reply RE: Or maybe zulgh and the entire community don't want ..., Isildur, 17-Jan-08 12:10 AM, #12
               Reply Yes, but even you know this isn't some macro level 'if ..., Scrimbul, 17-Jan-08 02:21 AM, #14
               Reply RE: Yes, but even you know this isn't some macro level ..., oero, 17-Jan-08 06:20 AM, #16
                    Reply RE: Why you're going away., Valguarnera, 17-Jan-08 07:24 AM, #17
                    Reply RE: Why you're going away., Eskelian, 17-Jan-08 03:13 PM, #19
                    Reply No, YOUR overpowered., GinGa, 17-Jan-08 08:18 PM, #22
                    Reply Hey Valg. txt, Gabe, 17-Jan-08 03:16 PM, #20
                         Reply Hahhah. I've restrained doing that twice already., DurNominator, 17-Jan-08 03:25 PM, #21
                    Reply RE: Yes, but even you know this isn't some macro level ..., Daevryn, 17-Jan-08 10:05 AM, #18
                    Reply Thanks for proving I did the right thing (n/t), Zulghinlour, 20-Jan-08 01:14 PM, #24
                    Reply Okay - Gotta jump in here..., Zargu, 23-Jan-08 04:35 AM, #25
                         Reply Re: Pictures of Zulg..., Zulghinlour, 23-Jan-08 11:41 AM, #26
                              Reply No. Not THAT one. The OTHER one. nt, Nivek1, 23-Jan-08 04:27 PM, #27
                                   Reply I call it "Tree Pixie" nt, Isildur, 23-Jan-08 09:13 PM, #28
               Reply This is Zulghinlour you're talking about, oero, 17-Jan-08 06:21 AM, #15
                    Reply You've got to be f*cking kidding me..., Twist, 17-Jan-08 01:13 PM, #30
Reply Actually you don't because we banned you. Again, incognito, 20-Jan-08 11:33 AM, #23
Reply You don't follow QHCF....txt, Gabe, 17-Jan-08 03:17 PM, #29
Reply Gotta agree with the others here..., colospgsbryan, 25-Jan-08 07:39 PM, #31
Reply addendum. txt, Isildur, 16-Jan-08 05:39 PM, #1
     Reply RE: addendum. txt, _Magus_, 16-Jan-08 07:25 PM, #2
     Reply RE: addendum. txt, Isildur, 16-Jan-08 08:22 PM, #4
     Reply RE: addendum. txt, Zulghinlour, 16-Jan-08 09:09 PM, #7
          Reply RE: addendum. txt, Isildur, 16-Jan-08 09:30 PM, #8
               Reply Next time, just listen to me. nt, Dallevian, 16-Jan-08 10:23 PM, #10

ZulghinlourWed 16-Jan-08 09:06 PM
9792 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#20354, "RE: three for one post!"
In response to Reply #0

>First:
>
>Dio's peanut gallery is reporting sneak failing for thieves
>and assassins. This a new change, something that's always
>been around, or a collective dose of purple crack?

No change that I'm aware of.

>Second:
>
>What stats on the stunner's part (str? dex?) influence the
>likelihood of "stun" successfully knocking someone out?

I'd guess strength, but that's without looking at the code.

>Third:
>
>Same question as above but with cranial. (I know target's
>headgear plays a part, this question is just about the
>cranial-er's stats).

I think this one is more based on skill (cranial & mace & gankiness vs. victims armor)

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

EskelianThu 17-Jan-08 01:11 AM
2023 posts
#20361, "RE: three for one post!"
In response to Reply #6

As a non-enlarged character (felar for the sake of argument) is it possible to fail sneak once its at 100%?

oeroWed 16-Jan-08 07:44 PM
Member since 13th Nov 2007
45 posts
#20351, "Sneaking failing for thieves and assassins."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Wed 16-Jan-08 07:47 PM

I don't follow QHCF (lol mod e-peen + player assassinations), so I'm not sure what's been said... Sneak and hide fail at random if you wear glowing gear. This has been around for years. I don't remember the immortal or what was said, but they pretty much said "I'm surprised at how many stealthy classes don't dress stealthily".

Wear glowing gear. Step out of hiding. Profit.

ZulghinlourWed 16-Jan-08 09:02 PM
9792 posts
#20353, "Please stop answering questions..."
In response to Reply #3

>Sneak and hide fail at
>random if you wear glowing gear.

FALSE

>This has been around for years.

FALSE

>I don't remember the immortal or what was said, but
>they pretty much said "I'm surprised at how many stealthy
>classes don't dress stealthily".

TRUE...and yet has no bearing on the conversation.

>Wear glowing gear. Step out of hiding. Profit.

FALSE

oeroWed 16-Jan-08 09:43 PM
45 posts
#20357, "Captain Contrary strikes again. -nt-"
In response to Reply #5

nt

ScrimbulThu 17-Jan-08 12:02 AM
Member since 22nd Apr 2003
884 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#20359, "Or maybe zulgh and the entire community don't want newb..."
In response to Reply #9

There's a reason no one posted those here with certainty.

Furthermore you heard that yourself secondhand as well. Derr.

IsildurThu 17-Jan-08 12:10 AM
5969 posts
#20360, "RE: Or maybe zulgh and the entire community don't want ..."
In response to Reply #11

I personally don't mind it when people post info that may be wrong. As long as they do it with the right attitude. That is to say, they don't represent it as undeniable fact. I'm guessing that's why oero's post got the response it did. If he'd just said, "I've noticed that when I wear glowing or humming things I fail sneak more often," then I doubt anybody would have reacted negatively.

ScrimbulThu 17-Jan-08 02:21 AM
Member since 22nd Apr 2003
884 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#20365, "Yes, but even you know this isn't some macro level 'if ..."
In response to Reply #12

He brings it on himself and he's already been warned numerous times about jackasses who have posted the exact same styled posts and arguments in the past but the sad part is he still doesn't realize when he's even doing it, or that he's doing it so much even his valid questions get shot down. (see zulgh and the mors-gravis demons)

I'm exhausted. This is probably against the rules but even the imms are tired of him. I'm done posting atm.

oeroThu 17-Jan-08 06:14 AM
45 posts
#20367, "RE: Yes, but even you know this isn't some macro level ..."
In response to Reply #14
Edited on Thu 17-Jan-08 06:20 AM

>He brings it on himself and he's already been warned numerous
>times about jackasses who have posted the exact same styled
>posts and arguments in the past but the sad part is he still
>doesn't realize when he's even doing it, or that he's doing it
>so much even his valid questions get shot down. (see zulgh and
>the mors-gravis demons)
>
>I'm exhausted. This is probably against the rules but even the
>imms are tired of him. I'm done posting atm.

Warned numerous times? If you can find any valid example I'll admit I'm wrong and go away. I can't think of any examples, so I'm pretty sure you're just sucking up. Oh by the way, there's an interesting thread I wrote about death-druids below using your kissy-kissy-suck-up style down below. Zulghinlour doesn't even read it before responding. Other folks picked up on that too.

The only reason Zulghy is being a bitch is because Dio (VIP's) have convinced him I'm Josiah.

If Zulghy didn't have so many people constantly sucking up to him as if he's a "fantasy god" for so many years, he wouldn't be so maladjusted.

ValguarneraThu 17-Jan-08 07:24 AM
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#20370, "RE: Why you're going away."
In response to Reply #16

The only reason Zulghy is being a bitch is because Dio (VIP's) have convinced him I'm Josiah.

To be fair, I'd have dropped the same ban on anyone who acts like a jackass for this long, despite any number of clear warnings. There's extra irony of you accusing Eskelian and Scrimbul of being "suck-ups" to the staff, however.

I haven't contacted or been contacted by the people running the unofficial site regarding you, by the way. Call it a case of independent confirmation.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

EskelianThu 17-Jan-08 03:07 PM
2023 posts
#20383, "RE: Why you're going away."
In response to Reply #17
Edited on Thu 17-Jan-08 03:13 PM

>There's extra irony of you accusing Eskelian and
>Scrimbul of being "suck-ups" to the staff, however.

Yeah, well, I respect all the staff members for their contributions and I apologize if at times it doesn't seem that way. There are some personalities that I find myself at odds with, yourself included, but I'm not here just trying to start #### like this guy is.

My advice is to just ban him and save yourselves the trouble.

Edit - added:
You know, I posted this before I read the other thread and having read that thread I have to laugh. The post he accuses me of kissing ass is just one suggesting that maybe we don't want to read posts by whiney idiots who don't know what the hell they're talking about and then tell them how to be good at this game. Had nothing to do with the Imms at all. Just like, what kind of response does he think "Thornhearts are so overpowered" is going to illicit when its the silliest thing I've ever heard?

GinGaThu 17-Jan-08 08:18 PM
996 posts
#20396, "No, YOUR overpowered."
In response to Reply #19

Best. Comeback. Ever.

But yeah, we don't always get what we expect

GabeThu 17-Jan-08 03:16 PM
182 posts
#20384, "Hey Valg. txt"
In response to Reply #17

Here is confirmation. This is Josiah, most definitely. Lucky for him, he is easy to spot considering there aren't many New Hampshire CF'ers.

Gabe

DurNominatorThu 17-Jan-08 03:25 PM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#20387, "Hahhah. I've restrained doing that twice already."
In response to Reply #20

The more precise theory was that the guy with Josiah's name had same job description as infi/oero (teaches physics and biology in high school (or was it college, I can't remember and don't bother to check from VIP board)). It was googled and posted in VIP board since one of the VIPs was bored.

DaevrynThu 17-Jan-08 10:05 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#20372, "RE: Yes, but even you know this isn't some macro level ..."
In response to Reply #16

>The only reason Zulghy is being a bitch is because Dio (VIP's)
>have convinced him I'm Josiah.

Again, as I told you on the Battlefield... people treat you like a jackass because you act like a jackass. People associate you with Josiah because he was jackass, and your acting like a jackass means you're acting like him. (Although I tend to think you actually are, too.)

Stop acting like a jackass and eventually your problems will go away.

>If Zulghy didn't have so many people constantly sucking up to
>him as if he's a "fantasy god" for so many years, he wouldn't
>be so maladjusted.

Zulg has a family, prestigous and lucrative employment, and all the good things that go with them. Somehow I don't think he qualifies as maladjusted even if he calls a jackass a jackass on the internet.

ZulghinlourSun 20-Jan-08 01:14 PM
9792 posts
#20427, "Thanks for proving I did the right thing (n/t)"
In response to Reply #16

n/t

ZarguWed 23-Jan-08 04:35 AM
Member since 06th Mar 2003
208 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#20440, "Okay - Gotta jump in here..."
In response to Reply #16

>The only reason Zulghy is being a bitch is because Dio (VIP's) have convinced him I'm Josiah.

Okay, i've been around for what 12 years or so of CF, I even imm'ed my char weeks after Zulg immed... So call me colored in my opinions, but what the heck. The times i've seen Zulg answer post has rarely, if ever, been based on what char asked... His answers would always be in the line of - Looking through the code, I would say bla bla... Zulg himself has said several times that he is here to code, not to mix in with anything else...

>If Zulghy didn't have so many people constantly sucking up to him as if he's a "fantasy god" for so many years, he wouldn't be so maladjusted.

Hehe... But, but... Zulg is a God! Havent you seen the old pictures of him?!

ZulghinlourWed 23-Jan-08 11:41 AM
9792 posts
#20442, "Re: Pictures of Zulg..."
In response to Reply #25

>>If Zulghy didn't have so many people constantly sucking up to
>him as if he's a "fantasy god" for so many years, he wouldn't
>be so maladjusted.
>
>Hehe... But, but... Zulg is a God! Havent you seen the old
>pictures of him?!

Nivek1Wed 23-Jan-08 04:27 PM
655 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#20444, "No. Not THAT one. The OTHER one. nt"
In response to Reply #26

IsildurWed 23-Jan-08 09:13 PM
5969 posts
#20445, "I call it "Tree Pixie" nt"
In response to Reply #27

oeroThu 17-Jan-08 06:13 AM
45 posts
#20366, "This is Zulghinlour you're talking about"
In response to Reply #12
Edited on Thu 17-Jan-08 06:21 AM

>then I doubt anybody
>would have reacted negatively.

The context doesn't matter. Zulghinlour is in his terrible twos, so he's only capable of playground politics. See my post about death-druids and read his response to it.

TwistThu 24-Jan-08 11:26 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
#20381, "You've got to be f*cking kidding me..."
In response to Reply #15

Out of any of the imms who respond to moronposts, myself included, I'd rate Zulg on the very very low end of the scale of flame-ish-ocity. I see some posts by some folks who are *exceedingly* demanding about answers, or why won't we just code X like this, or something, and Zulg generally answers in a very much more polite way than I would. I'd be slamming fists on the keyboard. And I'M generally mild-mannered.

Stop being an ass.

incognitoSun 20-Jan-08 11:33 AM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#20425, "Actually you don't because we banned you. Again"
In response to Reply #3

You posted on Dio's plenty until we finally decided to end that. Again.

GabeThu 24-Jan-08 11:26 PM
182 posts
#20385, "You don't follow QHCF....txt"
In response to Reply #3

because I banned your ass and you are to stupid to figure out a way around it.

Gabe

colospgsbryanFri 25-Jan-08 07:39 PM
Member since 28th Feb 2005
128 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#20455, "Gotta agree with the others here..."
In response to Reply #3

Zulg is usually the coolest with responses. If you were speaking of Valg, then maybe somewhat... But even he gives people a chance before burning them with a flame. Just chill bud. Even IF everything you said was true, who cares? Why let some online personalities bother you? #### 'em is my motto.

Bryan

IsildurWed 16-Jan-08 05:39 PM
5969 posts
#20348, "addendum. txt"
In response to Reply #0

Two-fer this time.

1. Does a dagger spec wielding one dagger (primary wield) get more concealed attacks than a dagger spec wielding two daggers, all else being equal?

2. Do spec moves initiated from the off-hand via Balance of the Sisters operate at a reduced rate of success, compared to if the weapon was the primary wield?

_Magus_Wed 16-Jan-08 07:25 PM
Member since 05th Dec 2006
430 posts
#20350, "RE: addendum. txt"
In response to Reply #1

Answers:

1) Dual wielding daggers gets you more concealed attacks. Somewhat recent change made by Sebeok.

2) No. No reduced rate of success.

IsildurWed 16-Jan-08 08:22 PM
5969 posts
#20352, "RE: addendum. txt"
In response to Reply #2

Considering I've heard both ways re: #2, was hoping to get a nepenthe reply.

ZulghinlourWed 16-Jan-08 09:09 PM
9792 posts
#20355, "RE: addendum. txt"
In response to Reply #1

>1. Does a dagger spec wielding one dagger (primary wield) get
>more concealed attacks than a dagger spec wielding two
>daggers, all else being equal?

See: http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=3&topic_id=1276&mesg_id=1276&page=

>2. Do spec moves initiated from the off-hand via Balance of
>the Sisters operate at a reduced rate of success, compared to
>if the weapon was the primary wield?

I don't think so. The way I remember the code, is it just skips around the check that would say "You need to wield an axe in your mainhand to whirl." if you have balance, and the rest of the code executes normally.

IsildurWed 16-Jan-08 09:30 PM
5969 posts
#20356, "RE: addendum. txt"
In response to Reply #7

Thanks for the reply. Seriously.

Though, I'm bummed about the two-dagger thing. That seems to disproportionately screw felars, who are already incapable of making full use of the sword, axe and mace specs. (Though, clearly they get a boost to spear/staff).

DallevianWed 16-Jan-08 10:23 PM
1621 posts
#20358, "Next time, just listen to me. nt"
In response to Reply #8

Dorkus.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #20346 Previous topic | Next topic