Subject: "Komodo Dragon, anyone else?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #19115
Show all folders

AmberionTue 04-Sep-07 05:00 AM
Member since 06th Jun 2007
945 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19115, "Komodo Dragon, anyone else?"

Well, lately CF has been spammed with Komodo Dragons it seem. It feels like half the shifters I fight have that form.
And it is really though, or is it just me?

I can't find any single way to kill a komodo dragon, tried against a lvl 44 one once, who had no shields, barriers or anything. After a really long fight I had it to gushing, but I was out of mana, and I think I was writing...

Well, tried it all, not even with the best set I've been wearing I've stood a chance. Not that it can kill me either but still.

So, my question is, is it overpowered? (I know it has a hard time netting any kills, but it is impossible to kill 1 on 1. I've yet to see someone manage.

Always shoot first and then call whatever you hit the target.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply I can tell you right now, a warrior is unlikely to solo..., KoeKhaos, 04-Sep-07 01:47 PM, #5
Reply Think they are alright., Abernyte, 04-Sep-07 11:41 AM, #4
Reply RE: Think they are alright., Amberion, 04-Sep-07 02:17 PM, #6
     Reply RE: Think they are alright., Isildur, 04-Sep-07 05:45 PM, #7
          Reply Well..., Hopelessdwarf, 05-Sep-07 12:37 AM, #8
               Reply Yeah that rake is pretty burly, TheDude, 05-Sep-07 11:44 AM, #9
Reply Clarification, I ain't whining. hehe txt, Amberion, 04-Sep-07 05:18 AM, #1
     Reply No idea what class you are but..., GinGa, 04-Sep-07 06:22 AM, #2
          Reply RE: No idea what class you are but..., Amberion, 04-Sep-07 08:39 AM, #3

KoeKhaosTue 04-Sep-07 01:47 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
400 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19125, "I can tell you right now, a warrior is unlikely to solo..."
In response to Reply #0

Take a bard, necro, ap, or shaman who even remotely know how to play, and that dragon is likely to die.

AbernyteTue 04-Sep-07 11:41 AM
975 posts
#19124, "Think they are alright."
In response to Reply #0

A defense form should be hard to kill but never in any danger of really taking you to town. Thats what defense is imho.

-----Abernyte

AmberionTue 04-Sep-07 02:17 PM
945 posts
#19126, "RE: Think they are alright."
In response to Reply #4

Oooh, didn't know it was a defence form. Thought of it as utility, or perhaps even offensive.

Well, glad to hear that warriors ain't a class that is suposed to take it down. Then I don't feel that bad for never killing one solo.

IsildurTue 04-Sep-07 05:45 PM
5969 posts
#19127, "RE: Think they are alright."
In response to Reply #6

It's sort of moot now, but I'd say get it impaled, poisoned, and vital'd. Then...uh...spam pugil for a while and switch to misdirection when it gets wounded. If he's prone to reverting and wording in combat, be ready for it and try to lag him after he reverts but before he words. Would probably take a trigger, and even then you might not hit it. Alternately, if he flees before reverting and wording, try to jump on him after the flee.

Just theorizing- I've never fought this match up before, from either side.

HopelessdwarfWed 05-Sep-07 12:37 AM
Member since 15th Feb 2004
272 posts
#19130, "Well..."
In response to Reply #7

The problem is you can maledict it (assuming it doesnt deflect it) but it really doesnt matter the regen on its pretty intense, plague and rake are insanely difficult to deal with. I wouldnt say this form is super overpowered but for the punch it packs on rake its pretty gross

TheDudeWed 05-Sep-07 11:44 AM
Member since 20th Sep 2005
285 posts
#19132, "Yeah that rake is pretty burly"
In response to Reply #8

seems like a lot of damage for a defenseive form with dam redux/regen/deflect skills. Nothing too scary, just surprising to see a defensive form sending ragers running every which place.

AmberionTue 04-Sep-07 05:18 AM
945 posts
#19116, "Clarification, I ain't whining. hehe txt"
In response to Reply #0

Well, just curious if other classes has the same problem. I know that all classes ain't suposed to be balanced against eachother.

Just wondernig.

GinGaTue 04-Sep-07 06:22 AM
996 posts
#19117, "No idea what class you are but..."
In response to Reply #1

The trick with all regen forms, is to do enough damage that you overwhelm their regen, but not so much that they feel they have to flee immediately.

The komodo dragon is a reptile, and will be resist_fire, but vuln_cold.

No idea what kind of damage this new form does, or how fast it regens, but you shouldn't have a problem wearing it down with maledictions. Bleeding, disease, poison, etc will work well on keeping a regenerative shifter lower on hp as you run about trying to recover enough to finish them. I have no idea if -con affects non-tick regen rates (-con always reduces the amount a person recovers on the tick, maybe handy with high-con forms but not killer) so that's something to experiment with!!

If you're running out of mana, either gear for more mana, get them to change to a more vulnerable form, up your melee damage or use hit+run tactics. There is always the ultimate solution (although it comes with no guarantees) and that is - Bring a Friend

Yhorian

AmberionTue 04-Sep-07 08:39 AM
945 posts
#19123, "RE: No idea what class you are but..."
In response to Reply #2

Well, now Berak con-died so I can speak up. heh

Well, I was a H2H/Spear/staff warrior. Incarnidane wave and fluid deceptions. Battle rager defender.

Tried most tactics, hit and run being obvious. Impale to get em bleeding. Then -con with incarnadine wave and H2H.

The komodo can't hit me with anything but those raking claws so I figured I had to keep em lagged. No luck, fly and translucense.

So, crushing blow, works sometimes but quite often it glances of their scales. + It laggs me for 3 rounds and the dragon for 2.

Leverage kick, glances of even more often than crushing blow.

After that I am out of ideas. (though did manage to get one down to gushing again today, but was writing myself again so run to patch up, came back to it with myself gushing and the dragon small wounds

Never tried cold attacks though, but I never used fire.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #19115 Previous topic | Next topic