Subject: "Corpse guard------>New skill----Victim guard" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #14309
Show all folders

AbernyteSat 02-Sep-06 11:45 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
973 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#14309, "Corpse guard------>New skill----Victim guard"

It has always bothered me that you can call in help when someone has jacked/stunned/slept you. What bothers me even more is that as soon as the person is jacked/stunned/slept they call for outside help, sometimes not even in PK to come and assault them to wake them up. How about a new skill to act like corpse guard but you step in the way of the person trying to assault/wake up your victim. It would give the classes who rely/need the sleep effect to do what they wanted to do instead of having some twat come and nerf your efforts. This is more especially for jacking as it has a timer on it which means you cant try it again for ages. If it worked like corpseguard does it would be a welcome addition, especially to those who like binders as if you cant get on with your bindings for someone waking up your victim your left with a weak fighting class to try and get your win.

-----Abernyte

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

IsildurSat 02-Sep-06 02:46 PM
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#14312, "RE: Corpse guard------>New skill----Victim guard"
In response to Reply #0

In most cases, the person coming to wake up the incapacitated person should also be in your PK. You're free to prevent their waking your victim however you see fit. I guess bards and healers can wake out of PK, but the cavalry won't always be a bard or healer.

IsildurSat 02-Sep-06 02:46 PM
5969 posts
#14313, "RE: Corpse guard------>New skill----Victim guard"
In response to Reply #2

Oh yeah - I'd imagine that this was the major motivation for the "shadow drag" and "gag" skills.

nepentheSat 02-Sep-06 02:23 PM
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#14311, "RE: Corpse guard------>New skill----Victim guard"
In response to Reply #0

I don't know, man. The fact that people can do stuff like that is one of the major balancing points to knockout abilities. I'd be wary of messing too much with it.

Pro (inactive user)Sat 02-Sep-06 07:48 PM
Charter member
#14322, "You'd also need to code IRC guard. ~"
In response to Reply #1

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #14309 Previous topic | Next topic