Subject: "mages in general" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1084
Show all folders

LarshalvFri 16-May-03 05:15 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
96 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1084, "mages in general"

Not shure if this has been suggested allready, but Ill put it out here in any case.

As the warriors recive a significant increase on hp the last ranks, why should the mages not recive it. As when one grows older, one grows wiser, and is often capable of concentrating longer and such. This would not be even a close comparison to benefit, but it would be a suited change to the mages in general.

And the prime stat for humans/half should be a general thing. Even mages are different. Not shure why this was not done in the first place, but Im shure there are some good reasons. But it would let people have more choices in the roleplaying aspect.

Love the game still...
LH

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

VladamirThu 22-May-03 12:09 PM
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#1116, "RE: mages in general"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Thu 22-May-03 12:11 PM

>As the warriors recive a significant increase on hp the last ranks, >why should the mages not recive it.

Because mages aren't inclined to being all buff and healthy? Your suggestion is akin to suggesting all high level warriors get to learn to change shapes or cast nova. Each class has things that make them special. Warriors get all buff and healthy. Mages get nifty deathful magics or forms. Paladins get healthy and the possibility of having virtues. Rangers get...ermm...well the short end of the stick, but you see what I'm getting at here.

If we start giving EVERYONE boosts to their hps in the final ranks, it defeats the purpose of giving a boost to hps at all. if EVERYONE has it, then it may as well be that noone has it. It's no longer special and unique. *editing out an unnecessary bit of flame here*

Drow warriors nova does UNSPEAKABLE things to you!

LarshalvThu 22-May-03 12:43 PM
96 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1117, "not more health, but mana..."
In response to Reply #2

mmm the thought was to get the "train of thought" down to a mental increase, sorry for the confusion there. I did not wish to see mages with more health. Though it would be fun as I do like playing mages, but fairly overpowered.
Hence the referance to primestat choice, and older and wiser...
*blush*
Anyhow that was what I was referring to. However I thought you would put yourself higher than giving warriors skills and powers of other mages. Thought it beneath you, I was obviously misstaken...

QuisletThu 22-May-03 07:51 PM
240 posts
#1118, "RE: not more health, but mana..."
In response to Reply #3
Edited on Thu 22-May-03 07:52 PM

If your words are taken literally, they indicate an hp gain for high level mages.

If they're taken figuratively, the suggested mana gain is clear.

I took it figuratively, and I think Nepenthe did the same.

So, Nepenthe saying 'they don't need it' addresses mana gains for high level mages.
Correct me if I'm wrong, Nepenthe.

Personally, I don't see why high level mages would need the extra mana.

nepentheFri 16-May-03 05:34 PM
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1086, "RE: mages in general"
In response to Reply #0

>As the warriors recive a significant increase on hp the last
>ranks, why should the mages not recive it.

The short version is, because they don't need it.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1084 Previous topic | Next topic