Subject: "Instrument of Judgement -- is this any good?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #72191
Show all folders

Divinely Angry (Anonymous)Thu 29-Nov-18 05:29 PM
Charter member
#72191, "Instrument of Judgement -- is this any good?"
Edited on Thu 29-Nov-18 05:33 PM

Hey, so this supplication makes a relatively low average, low stat exotic. It seems to prog to do a little lag, or the other one progs for a little stat loss. The prog doesn't seem to fire nearly often enough for it to be relevant.

While it is definitely useful to be able to forge a weapon anytime anywhere that is decent + minor perks I wonder if there is more to it than I am realizing? It doesn't seem to stack up against say maran weapons, spiritual hammers or even frost blades which are no disarm and have an edge to make them even better. That may be by design or it may be that I'm incorrect. I'm just wondering if someone in the know can comment and say, "yeah, if you're hard up for a weapon these will do in a pinch, otherwise they are pretty worthless," or "you're wrong. these are awesome because of ____"

Please note, I'm not saying "this broke!" because if they are intended as (and balanced as) just an okay backup weapon they are fine.

EDIT: Because I am good grammar.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

UmironThu 29-Nov-18 06:10 PM
Member since 29th May 2017
1495 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#72192, "RE: Instrument of Judgement -- is this any good?"
In response to Reply #0

These exotics aren't mean to be a shaman's go-to weapons, so it's worth making that clear up front.

Both give the shaman something fairly attractive, though.

The stone provides a weapon that can lag. Not amazing lagging potential, but it's something shaman otherwise struggle with.

And the sphere is a light, unbreakable weapon that can prog stacking vulnerability to negative (hi demonfire).

Both exotics prog on average 1d8 rounds.

Like frostblade and abilities like it, they're meant to provide some utility in situations where that utility is needed or when better options aren't available.

Divinely Angry (Anonymous)Thu 29-Nov-18 06:13 PM
Charter member
#72193, "RE: Instrument of Judgement -- is this any good?"
In response to Reply #1

That’s an awesome answer. Can you elaborate on what 1d8 means in terms of practical frequency?

Mathfyface (Anonymous)Thu 29-Nov-18 06:55 PM
Charter member
#72194, "RE: Instrument of Judgement -- is this any good?"
In response to Reply #2

1d8 averages out to once every 4.5 rounds.

JormyrThu 29-Nov-18 08:29 PM
Member since 31st Dec 2014
420 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#72195, "Not quite."
In response to Reply #3

Double checked with Umi before I responded, but the 1d8 roll is
generally set up as "If you roll a 1, success, the other 7 fail", so
1d8 is literally a 12.5% chance, and over the long run, progging
once per 8 rounds, on average.

1d12 would be average of every 12 rounds, 1d4 average of every 4 rounds.

You're thinking about the average dice roll of that, given a 1d8 can roll 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, or 8 for a total of 36 out of 8 rolls, which
puts the average roll at 4.5

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #72191 Previous topic | Next topic