Subject: "Improve Vandalize" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top Long-Term Projects Topic #155
Show all folders

Terwin05Fri 04-Jan-08 02:18 PM
Member since 22nd Dec 2005
124 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#155, "Improve Vandalize"
Edited on Sun 20-Jan-08 07:38 PM

I'd love to see vandalize have wider use. I'm by no means an expert on its functionality, but it appears to only work in tribunal protected cities. I assume the wizard's shop in Galadon was made unsackable to keep things newbie friendly, but there are shops in other areas that I think I should be able to vandalize.

For example, the alchemist in Udgaard, shoppies in Arkham, and the silver tower shop. These are examples of places where an outlander doesn't really have any business bartering with the shopkeepers for RP reasons, but as far as I can tell they cannot be vandalized.

I recognize that one of the outlander drawbacks is that they don't benefit as much from buyable preps, but I'm not sure I see the harm in letting people take a crack at those shops once per login.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DrokkMon 21-Jan-08 04:58 AM
Member since 10th Mar 2004
51 posts
Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#167, "RE: Vandalize already works in many of those places. tx..."
In response to Reply #0

This following information is based on older, but not that old experience so I doubt it has changed, but you never know.

>For example, the alchemist in Udgaard, shoppies in Arkham, and the
>silver tower shop. These are examples of places where an outlander
>doesn't really have any business bartering with the shopkeepers for
>RP reasons, but as far as I can tell they cannot be vandalized.

Alchemist in Udgaard, magic shop in Arkham and Silver Tower pill shop are all places where vandalize work.

It is my impression that if a place is sufficiently civilized you can vandalize the shop (with a few exceptions due to newbie friendliness). For example I haven't been to Thar Acacia, but I hear there is a big city with shops there.

The wizard in Osgaliath is an example of a shop you can't vandalize.

ZulghinlourSun 20-Jan-08 07:39 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
9792 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#156, "RE: Improve Vandalize"
In response to Reply #0

I don't know jack about outlander powers, so I'm not sure what the thinking is on how/where vandalize can work. Tossing up here while I wait for some imm feedback.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Top Long-Term Projects Topic #155 Previous topic | Next topic