Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Long-Term Projects
Topic subjectImprove Vandalize
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=58&topic_id=155
155, Improve Vandalize
Posted by Terwin05 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'd love to see vandalize have wider use. I'm by no means an expert on its functionality, but it appears to only work in tribunal protected cities. I assume the wizard's shop in Galadon was made unsackable to keep things newbie friendly, but there are shops in other areas that I think I should be able to vandalize.

For example, the alchemist in Udgaard, shoppies in Arkham, and the silver tower shop. These are examples of places where an outlander doesn't really have any business bartering with the shopkeepers for RP reasons, but as far as I can tell they cannot be vandalized.

I recognize that one of the outlander drawbacks is that they don't benefit as much from buyable preps, but I'm not sure I see the harm in letting people take a crack at those shops once per login.
167, RE: Vandalize already works in many of those places. tx...
Posted by Drokk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This following information is based on older, but not that old experience so I doubt it has changed, but you never know.

>For example, the alchemist in Udgaard, shoppies in Arkham, and the
>silver tower shop. These are examples of places where an outlander
>doesn't really have any business bartering with the shopkeepers for
>RP reasons, but as far as I can tell they cannot be vandalized.

Alchemist in Udgaard, magic shop in Arkham and Silver Tower pill shop are all places where vandalize work.

It is my impression that if a place is sufficiently civilized you can vandalize the shop (with a few exceptions due to newbie friendliness). For example I haven't been to Thar Acacia, but I hear there is a big city with shops there.

The wizard in Osgaliath is an example of a shop you can't vandalize.

156, RE: Improve Vandalize
Posted by Zulghinlour on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't know jack about outlander powers, so I'm not sure what the thinking is on how/where vandalize can work. Tossing up here while I wait for some imm feedback.