Subject: "Votes on tupmudsites vs players" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Marketing CF Topic #778
Show all folders

JaegendarWed 19-Aug-15 05:32 PM
Member since 30th May 2014
136 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#778, "Votes on tupmudsites vs players"

I have noticed for a while that we consistently have a higher rank in "topmudsites" than other muds that have more players than us. Why is that?

It seems to me that maybe answering this question could help with the marketing of the mud.

The first thought that came to me was:

-Maybe we have a bigger following of players that just don't mud anymore, but want to support CF

But my fear is that I could just be misleading myself, as I thought that the reality could just be that:

-Our current playerbase is simply more interested in supporting our mud, than the other players care for their own mud?.

What do you think?, which situation do you believe is actually happening?, or maybe you have another idea of what is going on?

-Jae

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

KstatidaFri 21-Aug-15 04:59 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#781, "I don't think anyone uses topmudsites to find a MUD to ..."
In response to Reply #0

E.g. I've never visited any of the MUDs on the list.

JaegendarFri 21-Aug-15 01:34 PM
Member since 30th May 2014
136 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#782, "RE: I don't think anyone uses topmudsites to find a MUD..."
In response to Reply #3

Interesting, how do you think people find a mud?

Please keep in mind that low numbers is the norm, but there are also the ones with players in the thousands.

Have you seen other muds doing something else other than the mudlists?. What I mean is, have you seen mud ads somewhere without you looking specifically for them?.

-Jae

KalageadonThu 20-Aug-15 08:05 AM
Member since 23rd Oct 2003
1040 posts
#780, "Both."
In response to Reply #0

I think both are correct. We have people that visit the forums and read logs but don't have the time to game but they still vote and we have a playerbase that tries to support the mud by voting consistently.

incognitoThu 20-Aug-15 12:49 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#779, "RE: Votes on tupmudsites vs players"
In response to Reply #0

I think we vote in order to try to recover the size of the playerbase, and some other MUDs don't need to?

Top General Discussions Marketing CF Topic #778 Previous topic | Next topic