Subject: "You feel a divine presence guide you to new found exper..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #954
Show all folders

AvoidCXTMon 26-Sep-05 12:06 AM
Member since 14th Mar 2003
5 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#954, "You feel a divine presence guide you to new found experiences!"

You feel a divine presence guide you to new found experiences!
You have learned 3% of your trip ability.
You have learned 3% of your dodge ability.

This happened when I was wandering around Hamsa killing nomadic traders to get enough copper to practice. Why did it happen and how do I get it to happen again?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DurNominatorMon 26-Sep-05 12:19 AM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#956, "An Imm gave you XP bonus"
In response to Reply #0

It tends to be a reward for RP goodness. RP well and you might get another, but don't expect to get any of those again, as it's a gift from an Imm who approved of something you did IC. The skill improvemens have appeared to XP bonuses recently, making them useful to Heroes as well. And Valg, keep kicking those Imms giving more rewards. It's fun to get one.

ValguarneraMon 26-Sep-05 12:11 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#955, "Immortal-granted experience."
In response to Reply #0

It's the result of you being granted bonus experience for roleplaying. Go, you! (I keep bugging people to couple these with IC echoes explaining why the reward was given. But I'm mostly happy we're giving increasing numbers of these.)

If you're low-level and it seemed to come out of the blue, it's often for having a good role and description that fit the character and make sense.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

TharenaTue 27-Sep-05 06:28 AM
Member since 21st Aug 2005
80 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#957, "IC Echoes and Imms"
In response to Reply #1

Maybe some canned ones for the... not so interested in typing right now? It would turn it into a switched command:

ie "xpbonuscommand" <character> Role
Could be something like,

"You feel a divine presence guide you to new found experiences due to a fine life's role."

It's craptacular, but I just woke up. Heh.

With switches for RP and the one or to other common ones, as well as one for other or general that is blank, letting the Imm make their own echoes if they're interested and/or have the time?

The other option is making it so the command requires an entry (instead of role) that would become the echo, or a part of the echo. It would make imms more grumpy about giving them out though, so my thinking was of automatic 'canned' switches.

Just putting the tools at hand..? Very cool though. Out of the blue rewards are excellent, after you've put some hard work into your character. Makes it feel worth it.

- Tharena

Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #954 Previous topic | Next topic