Subject: "How does the faithful pray?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #483
Show all folders

mingxThu 19-Aug-04 11:34 PM
Member since 05th Aug 2004
5 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#483, "How does the faithful pray?"

I was wondering when a priest class such as a paladin, healer, or shaman, prays to his/her god/godess? Do they actually use the "pray" command e.g. "pray LordX I consume by daily bread with the knowledge that you will be there to guide my path ect.."? I ask this because I figure the pray channel would get pretty congested if alot of these "faith" classes were online at the same time. If they do not use the pray command, then how does a "faith" class pray to his god/godess? Some suggestions from players who have played these classes would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

bjaiFri 20-Aug-04 08:16 AM
Member since 20th Aug 2004
6 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#485, "My advice. (txt)"
In response to Reply #0

Think like your char would. When would he/she pray to their god. Obviously when in their shrine, but when else?

If you are a warlike char, before a tough battle perhaps, asking for their blessing, or after a good pk, boasting of your prowess.

If you are a priest of love, perhaps before a wedding, asking for a blessing on the couple.

A priest of nature might pray for thanks after putting out a forest fire, or during asking for divine aid in doing so.

Basically, my rule of thumb is I pray when I specifically want to talk to the imm, or when something dramatic IC is happening, about to happen, or just happened.

Grurk MuoukFri 20-Aug-04 02:09 AM
Member since 15th Mar 2004
538 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#484, "Praying..."
In response to Reply #0

Faith based praying is perfectly acceptable. That's the short
answer. Like you said, however, you need to take into account
you are putting text right square in the eyes of every Immortal
who is on. Every immortal reads every pray that comes up. If
you pray too often, someone up there is going to get annoyed.

Apply some common sense:

Praying because you made some bread to eat with your Lord's powers?
No.

Praying because you smacked down 4 Imperials at a pair of Centurions?
Go for it!

Grurk

Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #483 Previous topic | Next topic