Subject: "echo when empowerment is extended?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #4081
Show all folders

New to empowerment class (Anonymous)Wed 01-May-13 01:59 PM
Charter member
#4081, "echo when empowerment is extended?"

Is it intended that when your empowerment is extended you do not receive an echo? My empowerment was increased but I did not receive any notification, until I found that I could practice additional abilities I feared I had failed my second evaluation/chat.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

RayihnWed 01-May-13 02:37 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4082, "It is by design yes"
In response to Reply #0

Usually if you think your second talk with your imm went well, you'll get more empowerment goodness. I will sometimes bump people in little bits if I'm having a hard time getting back with them. I can also off line empower, though not all imms can, though I'll bump anyone they ask me to of course.

CalionThu 02-May-13 04:48 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
367 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4085, "A small request, then, for Zulgh maybe?"
In response to Reply #1

It seems rather confusing and counter intuitive that you get no echo for empowerment bumps (my one and only priest was before partial empowerment - but I hope to do another somewhere down the line), so I request a small addition to priests' SCORE similar to what other classes get (e.g. warriors with their legacies/specs, rangers with terrain/expertise etc. listed): a line stating their current empowerment level, i.e. for starting priests it would say "You have been empowered to level 20."

SlackThu 09-May-13 08:28 AM
Member since 12th Apr 2007
134 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4097, "Possible Problem with your idea (Correct me if I am wro..."
In response to Reply #2

I do not like the idea of “empowered till” showing up on Score.

First Reason:
Usually when playing with any active IMM, you have a bunch of followers.
Let’s take an example:
I imagine RhyBaer has few empowerment needing followers. Let’s compare between two chars (X & Y). Let’s imagine that to what level the empowerment is listed shows on SCORE.

X goes for empowerment and RayBaer is very busy with IRL, he speaks (from previous knowledge) and gets empowered to 40. X posts on QHCF about the easy empowerment (<2mins).

Y goes for empowerment and RayBaer has a lot of time to spare. RhyBaer has really taken time and spoken to the applicant and only empowers till 30. Y posts on QHCF about the hard empowerment (>20mins).

Now we have a flame fest on all forums about disparity in empowerment by RayBaer. And once again RayBaer is back in the ditch mud-flinging because she never played this game before she IMMed. And according to many she does not understand the game mechanics.

Second Reason:
I like the way it is setup because you are not sure about the limit on empowerment. So you have to pray continuously. The IMM’s happy because you are paying close attention to the religion.

If it showed up on my Score that I am empowered till 35, then I would make efforts to go back my patron IMM around 34-35, not before it.

It creates this whole new level of RP.

Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #4081 Previous topic | Next topic