Subject: "Few suggestions for a newbie warriors." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #4050
Show all folders

ShapaSat 02-Mar-13 01:23 AM
Member since 22nd Jun 2006
252 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4050, "Few suggestions for a newbie warriors."
Edited on Sat 02-Mar-13 02:20 AM

1.1. A warrior of any race can choose spear + mace specializations. There is very simple tactic to use in combat: wield spear, impale, wield mace , dual mace, boneshatter, cranial, cranial, cranial.

It takes about 5-6 rounds of combat to do both impale + boneshatter: i think every third impale will fail and every second boneshatter will fail (better success rate with higher str). After those 5-6 rounds your enemy is affected for about -19 strength and - 19 dexterity.

More expierenced players can drink potions of reduce before the battle and potions of enlarge after the boneshatter.

1.2. A warrior who has high strength can choose axe specialization instead of mace specialization. And use whirl instead of boneshatter and pincer instead of cranial.
I would also suggest learning "gates of the forge" legacy to all characters with high strength who are going to wear heavy armor (but don't think and don't bother yourself about this much, pick it and forget about it).
I would also suggest learning "ward of blades" legacy to all characters who has low dexterity and will not dodge well (21 or less).

1.3. A warrior who has high dexterity can choose dagger specialization instead of spear specialization. I think this is the best choice for those people who's huts were burned by us, evil mages. Wielding 2 daggers helps you to avoid being bashed. But overall it will take averagely 1-2 more rounds to do hamstring, artery and hurl than it would take to impale and boneshatter/whirl.
I would suggest learning "space between heartbeats" legacy to everybody who has high dexterity and above average wisdom.
I would also suggest learning "soul of the mountain" legacy to every character who has low constitution, those are the characters who often have high dexterity - less or about 800 HP when naked.

2. A warrior of any race can choose sword + hand to hand specializations (this is much safer than swords + flail specializations and is recommended for newer players). Those who have high dexterity will be more defensive, but will also kill less people. Those who have high strength will be more offensive, but will also die more often.
Skills like doublethrust/flurry/stun/pummel help people with higher strength more. Overall just spamming flurry will win you more fights than not.
The characters who have high strength could also learn "crashing of waves" legacy to auto-disarm people in combat. But it will not work against many opponents, also you will need to use bash instead of flurry in such battles (only if you are not going to learn flail specialization).
And skills like jab/disarm/offhand disarm are better for people with higher dexterity. I would also recommend drinking enlarge potions and/or learning "landslide of the second breath" legacy and try to combine disarm/offhand disarm with drive or simply drive all the time (only if you are not going to learn flail specialization).

2.1. A warrior of any race can choose sword + flail/whip specializations (this is much more dangerous than swords + hands specializations and is recommended for those who like to risk, but kill more people also). I would recommend wielding flail to entwine in the begin of combat while dual wielding sword. Then wield a sword and do things according to your strength or dexterity.
I suggest drinking enlarge potions and/or learning "maelstrom of the veils" legacy if using this tactic.

2.1. Felar warriors can choose polearm and hand to hand specialization. I would not choose polearm as member of any other race because then you will loose almost half of your damage.
I would recommend drinking enlarge potions and/or learning "landslide of the second breath" legacy when using this tactic.
The legacy "fires of adversity" should be also helpful for felars.
I would also suggest learning "incarnadine wave" if you often wield light polearms or spears/staffs.

2.2. Felar warriors can also choose dagger and spear specialization. After doing hamstring, artery, hurl you wield spear to impale and then misdirect few times.

3. Overall if you didn't pick both of your legacies yet then try to look at the defensive or utility legacies what would fit your game-style the best. By the time you become ready to learn offensive legacies you will not need to read this

P.S. If imms decide that it's worth to be sticked, re-stick my another old suggestions saying that there are easier classes than a warrior to play ?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TwistSat 02-Mar-13 12:45 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4055, "All of this looks really solid. Nice post, Shapa. (n/t)"
In response to Reply #0

ShapaSat 02-Mar-13 06:45 AM
252 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4053, "It would be great if Daevryn edited the numbers and oth..."
In response to Reply #0

Actually all the actual numbers come directly from my mind after some observations, and some of them aren't totally true. However it doesn't change the overall view.

Daevryn can edit all the exact information in his own way - by either placing words like "a lot" of "instead of -10 strength" or writing actual things

DaevrynSat 02-Mar-13 08:20 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4054, "RE: It would be great if Daevryn edited the numbers and..."
In response to Reply #2

Well, it varies. For example, both impale and boneshatter have STR/DEX that scales some with level, or either could be cut down a bit by Riddle of Resilience.

ShapaSat 02-Mar-13 03:27 AM
252 posts
#4051, "An idea for more expierenced warriors also."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Sat 02-Mar-13 03:52 AM

1. A warrior can also play the race what is usually considered weak for a warrior class: dark-elf, elf or gnome.
I would suggest learning "striking the shadows footfall" and "gates of the forge" legacies, sword and flail specializations.

After using all available mystical protections an expierenced warrior can get - i would suggest to begin the combat with lash skill while dual wielding a sword. The next actions would be to entwine;wield sword and jab/flurry as many times as it will be needed.

2. Other expierenced warriors can also play the same races and learn "striking the shadows footfall" legacy. And join the famous Village of Battleragers as defenders. Or use another sources of healing. All the rules what are applied to the other warriors will work for these weak guys as well. But this is definatelly the hardest way to play a warrior. Shamans also play this way and use very similar tactic.

More expierenced warriors can also use more offensive legacies on the usual warrior builds. I would suggest legacies "whirlwind of steel" and "cry of thunder" for those people who are fast and use impale and boneshatter/whirl. "Cry of thunder" is also useful for people who often use swords and flurry.
The legacy "riddle of resilience" is somewhat useful against people who have read it. But it will not save you totally against impale/boneshatter or whirl, it will only most likely help you to fight a bit longer.

Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #4050 Previous topic | Next topic