Subject: "A brief thanks from a perpetual newb" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #3985
Show all folders

RadeSat 19-Jan-13 07:47 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
157 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3985, "A brief thanks from a perpetual newb"

I've been playing this game a long time, but in many ways I'm still a bit of a newb. One of my biggest complaints all along has been how unfriendly this game was for new players. I feel like a lot of the changes over the last several years have made the game simpler for new players to pick it up and easier for dense players like me to understand things.

This goes from the xp penalty stuff, mob death xp loss cap, gear coming back to you in all areas, quests command, even the recent damage redux changes I think make the game easier for new players to understand what's going on without having to do ridiculous number crunching.

Also the general attitude from the immortal staff has improved greatly and there appears to be much more openness on the forums with respect to what stats affect certain skills/spells and other mechanical things. Help files have been greatly improved, etc.

Anyways there just seems to have been huge progress in making the game more enjoyable. Whether or not it was a concerted effort towards that end or a happy accident I'd like to say I appreciate it.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Perpetual_NoobFri 01-Feb-13 03:53 PM
Member since 28th Jul 2012
358 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3997, "I agree with you, but feel you shouldn't try and repres..."
In response to Reply #0

n/t

Never advanced beyond newb (Anonymous)Sat 19-Jan-13 09:36 PM
Charter member
#3986, "I second this motion, thank you."
In response to Reply #0

There's more friendliness than there was, and a lot of high quality players are pitching in also. Thanks.

Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #3985 Previous topic | Next topic