Subject: "Learning" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #3883
Show all folders

KaguMaruSat 15-Sep-12 06:34 AM
Member since 15th Sep 2012
805 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3883, "Learning"

Combat skills such as dodge, parry, second attack etc - does the level of the mob you're fighting affecting learning increases? Like, will dodging 15 shots from a punk mob be better learning than 15 shots from an easy kill? How pronounced is the difference? Also for active skills like kick, and opening skills like blackjack, does the same apply? Does the area affect learning rates? I've heard that guildhalls slow learning rates, but does each area have its own or is it just a guildhall/non-guildhall binary? Thanks.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

KaguMaruMon 17-Sep-12 06:43 AM
805 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3889, "More questions"
In response to Reply #0

Original skills like aim seem to be learned far more slowly than stock ones like enhanced damage. Is this deliberate, to give heroes more to do? Is it the done thing to focus skill learning on these skills, i.e. how useful are things like aim and evade (which I have never seen triggered or improved)?

DaevrynMon 17-Sep-12 08:23 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#3890, "RE: More questions"
In response to Reply #3

Well, consider that you generally have to use a skill to improve it.

Enhanced damage is checked every time you hit; Aim only really comes up when you're fighting someone with armor. You tend to fight a *lot* more mobs without armor (or nearly without armor) than with it.

PuhgulySat 15-Sep-12 07:10 AM
Member since 15th Nov 2011
197 posts
#3885, "Read the helpfile for skill improvement"
In response to Reply #0

Essentially, you have a better chance to improve on each skill use against stronger mobs. The down side with parry dodge etc is that you generally get less attempts at them against a single strong mob.

For defensive skills I prefer to use a group of weaker foes. For active skills, like bash and disarm, you get more mileage from a single strong mob.

KaguMaruSat 15-Sep-12 07:47 AM
805 posts
#3886, "RE: Read the helpfile for skill improvement"
In response to Reply #1

Thanks, I tried help skill and help learning but that helpfile didn't show on the list of options.

Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #3883 Previous topic | Next topic