Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #3832
Show all folders

Svirf Guy (Anonymous)Sun 13-May-12 01:31 AM
Charter member
#3832, "Stonekin Edge"

STONEKIN
Svirfneblin who have become adept at hardening their skin through their
inherent Stoneskin ability may learn to produce a slighly more powerful stone
skin (both with the spell and the inherent ability) than normal.

See also: EDGES, 'STONE SKIN', SVIRFNEBLIN, INHERENT

Before taking this edge my AC value was -60 and duration was 6hrs when invoke Stoneskin. After taking this edge, nothing changed.

Am I misinterpreting the helpfile in thinking that I would have an increased AC benefit and/or duration effect?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DaevrynMon 14-May-12 03:25 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3834, "RE: Stonekin Edge"
In response to Reply #0

Essentially, your inherent stoneskin is "cast" at a higher level than normal, which makes it harder to dispel and depending on your level may end up meaning extra duration. At hero specifically, if that's a case that's important to you, the math works out such that you're always getting extra duration.

I probably should stop letting other people write the helpfiles for some of the edges, although I do really appreciate not having to do everything for new edges -- sometimes important clarity or detail is lost in translation.

Svirf (Anonymous)Mon 14-May-12 06:44 PM
Charter member
#3835, "RE: Stonekin Edge"
In response to Reply #2

Is there any benefit for a svirf transmuter with corporeal hardening? I can see how duration could be minimally beneficial. Then again I'm not fully aware of how the inherent stoneskin / corporeal hardening relate to another from help files.

Thanks for your time!

DaevrynMon 14-May-12 07:38 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3836, "RE: Stonekin Edge"
In response to Reply #3

It makes your stoneskin better, if you choose to use it -- but given the advantages of svirf transmuters I probably wouldn't 99% of the time.

IMHO your edge is better spent elsewhere.

ArtificialSun 13-May-12 02:42 AM
Member since 22nd Apr 2008
1180 posts
#3833, "RE: Stonekin Edge"
In response to Reply #0

My interpretation of this helpfile is that it gives more dam redux. I do not believe that the amount of -AC is necessarily indicative of the % dam redux the spell is offering.

Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #3832 Previous topic | Next topic