Subject: "Two questions, mostly unrelated for an old newbie." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #3818
Show all folders

Serial RangerThu 03-May-12 01:32 PM
Member since 01st Aug 2009
21 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3818, "Two questions, mostly unrelated for an old newbie."

1) My first question is about exploring. I do not want spoonfeeding, but I am just curious. If I am exploring an area, I will use Galadon as an example, as it is not an explore area, do I get more explore exp for looking at everything, even though it is the same? Say, I look at a cityguard, would I get more points for looking at every other cityguard, or is just the one enough, and looking at the others is unecessary? If this is info you would rather not post, then just let me know. It was more of a curiousity, is all.

2) With air forms, does the movement cost of flying across the world reduce as you get more confident in the form, or is it always going to be a constant percentage, no matter how well-versed in that air form you are? It just seems to me to be a waste to have an air form when you need to rest every 5 rooms away, lol. Thanks for any input...constructive input.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DaevrynThu 03-May-12 01:50 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3819, "RE: Two questions, mostly unrelated for an old newbie."
In response to Reply #0

>1) My first question is about exploring. I do not want
>spoonfeeding, but I am just curious. If I am exploring an
>area, I will use Galadon as an example, as it is not an
>explore area, do I get more explore exp for looking at
>everything, even though it is the same? Say, I look at a
>cityguard, would I get more points for looking at every other
>cityguard, or is just the one enough, and looking at the
>others is unecessary? If this is info you would rather not
>post, then just let me know. It was more of a curiousity, is
>all.

First up, exploration XP (going places) and observation XP (looking at stuff) are separate, just to clarify.

As far as NPCs go, observation XP is largely (maybe always, but I'm not going to exhaustively prove that to myself) from looking at unique NPCs. So looking at a random cityguard probably isn't helping you any there, whether it's one of them or ten of them. You're more looking for something like the captain of the guards.

>2) With air forms, does the movement cost of flying across the
>world reduce as you get more confident in the form, or is it
>always going to be a constant percentage, no matter how
>well-versed in that air form you are?

The movement cost goes down some once the form is perfect if I remember correctly. Different forms have different movement speeds and costs, with higher tiers of forms generally being faster and less exhausting.

>It just seems to me to
>be a waste to have an air form when you need to rest every 5
>rooms away, lol. Thanks for any input...constructive input.

Serial RangerThu 03-May-12 02:12 PM
Member since 01st Aug 2009
21 posts
#3821, "Thank you for the information. "
In response to Reply #1

It seemed like my second air form was slightly quicker and less movement-draining than my first was, but I thought it could be just me. I haven't played an air foci in like 5 years, so I couldn't remember.

And thanks for the info about Exploring. I know they are separate, but I was just speaking in generalities. Thanks, either way, though.

Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #3818 Previous topic | Next topic