Subject: "Use of the Beseech skill" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #3476
Show all folders

Belkiran (Anonymous)Tue 27-Sep-11 07:06 PM
Charter member
#3476, "Use of the Beseech skill"

Is the use of the ability to Beseech best used sparingly from an RP perspective for empowerment characters? It is logical that 'request'ing gear from NPC's weakens their ability to defend themselves or "serve good", but does asking a Guild guard for a blessing through Beseech have the same connotation? It would seem the effects are a minor blessing, or buff and helpful at a low level. I don't care to be stepping wrong if this is frowned upon.

I'm asking as the help file seems to imply it is best used when in "dire need" then goes on to state you may find aid when a need is "slight". I understand that this second paragraph covers whether the NPC is likely to grant you any assistance based on charisma, but it would seem if your need is "slight" you aren't in dire need?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Kakola (Anonymous)Fri 30-Sep-11 12:28 PM
Charter member
#3485, "RE: Use of the Beseech skill"
In response to Reply #0

I tried working with that skill couple of times. If the skill is not close to 90%-95%, it gives you one of the following two messages from the NPCs:
- Ask someone who can be able to help you
- I cannot do it right now, maybe later

When I mastered it and asked almost all Guildguards/Guildmasters/Healers or any goodie NPC, I got something out of it. The message seems to be like you failed in your supp.

The IMMs may say that may not be the mechanics of Beseech. From RP prespective, I have considered Beseech is like begging for few pieces of copper. Like panhandle on thiefs.

NreykreTue 27-Sep-11 07:56 PM
Member since 05th Apr 2011
90 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3477, "RE: Use of the Beseech skill"
In response to Reply #0

Presumably NPCs can tell how much / how often you use beseech and if you've been to that well too many times, it starts to dry up.

My take on that second paragraph is that beseech is going to be more reliable when you're asking for a smaller favor (slight need) and/or your character is not known a person who milks it for everything its worth.

Just like in real life, a small handout is easier to find than a really big one.

Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #3476 Previous topic | Next topic