Subject: "Can someone explain the veil?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #3429
Show all folders

Ras (Anonymous)Fri 02-Sep-11 10:07 PM
Charter member
#3429, "Can someone explain the veil?"

How does it work with the courriers and maintaining the Veil? Is there some particular way to tell what will satisfy them and help to aid the Veil? The item's level doesn't seem to matter all that much, nor whether an item is limited...

How do you know what to give them?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Limited and Magic., Twist, 03-Sep-11 12:49 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Limited and Magic., Daevryn, 03-Sep-11 06:54 AM, #2
     Reply Curiosity, Straklaw, 03-Sep-11 06:18 PM, #3
     Reply There's no such thing as "more magic."..., Twist, 03-Sep-11 07:16 PM, #4
          Reply RE: There's no such thing as , Straklaw, 04-Sep-11 08:50 PM, #5
               Reply RE: There's no such thing as , Daevryn, 04-Sep-11 11:19 PM, #6
     Reply Legendary Awareness...?, GreatGray, 20-Sep-11 09:33 AM, #7
          Reply RE: Legendary Awareness...?, Daevryn, 20-Sep-11 09:59 AM, #8

TwistSat 03-Sep-11 12:49 AM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3430, "Limited and Magic."
In response to Reply #0

More limited (and magic) = more better for the Veil.

One way to see just "how limited" something is would be to gain the Legendary Awareness skill via observation experience.

DaevrynSat 03-Sep-11 06:54 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3431, "RE: Limited and Magic."
In response to Reply #1

Higher level also helps, but is of less importance than those other two factors.

StraklawSat 03-Sep-11 06:18 PM
Member since 10th Mar 2003
1014 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#3432, "Curiosity"
In response to Reply #1

Is "more magic" related to "more good" as far as Scion despoils and such go? I haven't had a Scion in quite awhile, but was curious.

TwistSat 03-Sep-11 07:16 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
#3433, "There's no such thing as "more magic."..."
In response to Reply #3

Something either has the magical flag or not. More limited is better for Scion despoils in general though, yes. But there are a ton of other factors, I've been told. Moreso than the Veil.

StraklawSun 04-Sep-11 08:50 PM
Member since 10th Mar 2003
1014 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#3434, "RE: There's no such thing as "
In response to Reply #4

Ah, yeah. Too much application of distributive properties. My brain suddenly turned your statement into

More limited (and more magical) = more better for the Veil

I also think I've randomly used what were likely highly limited, and either lower level or just much less useful items on the Veil that shifted it more than I would have expected. Probably stuff that's technically highly limited, but since it's not often used, ALWAYS available. Thanks for clarifying!

DaevrynSun 04-Sep-11 11:19 PM
11117 posts
#3435, "RE: There's no such thing as "
In response to Reply #5

Keep in mind that an extra variable here is whether or not your character detects a shift in the veil as a shift in the veil. Generally, being Battle or Nexus is better than being a random guy with detect magic, being higher level is better than lower, and I want to say discern spell helps too.

So if you give an item to a courier/Tahren and it's of middling value, maybe the hero Battle scout registers that as a shift and your midlevel uncaballed transmuter doesn't.

GreatGrayTue 20-Sep-11 09:33 AM
Member since 19th Jan 2011
150 posts
#3461, "Legendary Awareness...?"
In response to Reply #1

I recently learned the Legendary Awareness skill but don't seem to notice it doing anything. When/how does it work and what does it do?

DaevrynTue 20-Sep-11 09:59 AM
11117 posts
#3462, "RE: Legendary Awareness...?"
In response to Reply #7

It's an active skill. You have to use it before it will show you anything.

Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #3429 Previous topic | Next topic