Subject: "New to CF" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #3097
Show all folders

HrotzigSat 19-Feb-11 05:41 AM
Member since 16th Feb 2011
12 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3097, "New to CF"

I had been looking for another MUD with wider RP options than the one I am accustomed to (Achaea), and I just want to say how much fun it has been RPing an Orc in the Grinning Skulls clan. Players have been very helpful and I find myself looking forward to plotting my greenskin's next adventure when I'm at work. Thanks to everyone who makes this game so great!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Glad you're enjoying it, Lokain, 24-Mar-11 03:23 PM, #6
Reply Nothing beats an orc for rp., Batman (Anonymous), 19-Feb-11 09:02 AM, #1
     Reply Some good orc tips on the other site, Theerkla, 19-Feb-11 09:53 AM, #2
          Reply RE: Some good orc tips on the other site, Hrotzig, 19-Feb-11 01:08 PM, #3
               Reply RE: Some good orc tips on the other site, Hrotzig, 21-Feb-11 01:12 PM, #4
               Reply Orcs don't need to perfect stuff in my experience, incognito, 21-Mar-11 01:53 PM, #5

LokainThu 24-Mar-11 03:23 PM
Member since 03rd Jul 2009
173 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#3179, "Glad you're enjoying it"
In response to Reply #0

Now steal some of your Achaea buddies and bring them to CF.

Batman (inactive user)Sat 19-Feb-11 09:02 AM
Charter member
In response to Reply #0

Really. I love playing them. Also - Go you for sticking through the toughness that is CF! <3

TheerklaSat 19-Feb-11 09:53 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1055 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3099, "Some good orc tips on the other site"
In response to Reply #1

If you haven't already checked them out, register and then take a quick gander at these
http://diku.qhcf.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Orctips
http://diku.qhcf.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Orcwear

HrotzigSat 19-Feb-11 01:08 PM
12 posts
#3100, "RE: Some good orc tips on the other site"
In response to Reply #2

Awesome, appreciate it! That is my only real concern, becoming decent enough with the PVP aspect to enjoy the rest of the game without getting randomly rolled up for CON loss. What is the stance on scripting? Do I have to be min-maxing to keep up? I've been asking around on the orc channel and people have been very helpful, making thoughtful inquiries into berserker strategy isn't easy when you're communicating in hoots and grunts.

HrotzigMon 21-Feb-11 01:12 PM
12 posts
#3106, "RE: Some good orc tips on the other site"
In response to Reply #3

Was fun roleplaying with Nagskra, Azam, and a few others but the PK in Carrion Fields seems tiresome, what with the WHERE function and fast-walking making locating and jumping people a simple affair, and the PK just a matter of yuh bash, particularly when it's people higher in level or geared out. No thanks.

incognitoMon 21-Mar-11 01:53 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3166, "Orcs don't need to perfect stuff in my experience"
In response to Reply #3

And I've played a few, including a chief.

Dunno why, but I found that orcs were pretty rubbish at some things even with 100%s (like defending themselves) but good at others even when the skill isn't maxed (like bash, if I recall).

The only benefit I found to getting the %s up in general was to be able to take certain edges. The spinebreaker edge, for example, is useful (and spinebreaker's also a skill where %s are useful, for that matter). However, if you use spinebreaker instead of flee you are probably going to die a lot.

Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #3097 Previous topic | Next topic