Subject: "Explore, Observe, Commerce Experience.." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #3067
Show all folders

Serial RangerThu 27-Jan-11 01:55 PM
Member since 01st Aug 2009
21 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3067, "Explore, Observe, Commerce Experience.."

I was just curious about the difference(mainly between Exploration and Observation, as Commerce is pretty easy to get), between them. I've recently played some lower level people, and tried to explore some common areas and I always seem to get a lot of Exploration experience, but relatively little Observation. How would one go about collecting Observation experience. I recently explored a place, looking at everyone and everything I could find with a description, considering everything, too just in case. I ended up with just a little under 2k exploration experience, but about 400 observation experience.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ElerosseThu 27-Jan-11 04:54 PM
Member since 01st Nov 2006
423 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3068, "RE: Explore, Observe, Commerce Experience.."
In response to Reply #0

What you are doing is basically all there is to earning observation exp. Except you don't get observation from looking and considering mobs so you can skip that part. Essentially some places are just not worth much observation exp even if there seems to be a lot to look at.

Somethings to keep in mind that I've notice is that your level can affect the observation exp you earn, that is some areas you can earn a lot at a low level but none at higher levels. I don't know if the converse is true. And this is just speculation based on my observation.

The way I collect it at low levels is to explore areas I am familiar with so I know the key words to look for. After awhile you will know what places are worth going through for observation exp and which ones you might as well skip. There is a number of areas you can go to sub level 10 that will give you over 1k observation exp each. To help with this try discussing right away after you explore an area so you can see if it was worth anything so you know to go there with future characters.

TsunamiThu 27-Jan-11 05:23 PM
Member since 25th Mar 2008
1509 posts
#3069, "You can get observation xp for looking at mobs nt."
In response to Reply #1

TwistFri 28-Jan-11 09:11 AM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
#3070, "This is accurate."
In response to Reply #2

In general, if a mob has a "name" (i.e. Bob the guard instead of just the guard), I'll look at it as I'm walking through an area. This is helpful for observation exp and also has helped me make note of gear that I was unaware of (or, in the case of a certain spear that Valg put into the game a few years ago, notice gear that didn't used to be on a mob).

Also, the "head guy" of an area often has obs. exp. attached with him, even if he's just named Commander or General or Lord or whatever.

Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #3067 Previous topic | Next topic