Subject: "Speaking of Super-rare" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #2991
Show all folders

CatastrophicWed 08-Dec-10 05:40 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
145 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#2991, "Speaking of Super-rare"

The post below by Rade inspired me to ask this question:

If there are items so rare that they’ve been rarely used or have never been used, which (among these items) would you immortals say is the overall coolest item?

I know it’s a bit of a broad question, which is why I’d love to hear why an item is “cool”?

I also realize that it might not be “kosher” to answer this question completely because of the “questy” nature of it, but I’d still very much like to know. It might inspire me to do some exploring!

Thanks

==
You get 269938 gold coins from the corpse of Valguarnera.
==

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

trewynSat 11-Dec-10 12:39 AM
Member since 04th Jan 2005
269 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2992, "I don't think they *could* answer this question"
In response to Reply #0

It's not like they have a list of all the cool #### the mud has to offer. I think if you narrowed your question to well known items they MIGHT answer it, but I doubt it. I would also be offended if they did. While I will give out class info left and right, exploration xp is a personal thing that must be gained in game and alone ( alone meaning with your newest IC best bud ) and as such cannot be gained through these obviously devious methods. I however commend your bravery and your absolute lack of esprit decor and wish you the jolliest best I can as I hope that it will be you that I pummel into the dirt with my next character.

sorlag (inactive user)Mon 13-Dec-10 10:24 AM
Charter member
#2994, "RE: I don't think they *could* answer this question"
In response to Reply #1

I don't think there is anything wrong with asking whether there are still any parts of areas that have never been discovered, for example.

It's probably a silly question since for 99.99% of players, the answer is absolutely, "Yes".

And if I recall correctly, there was a post (probably a couple years old now) where an Immortal suggested some percentage of Hell hadn't seen adventurers yet.

Either way, quit ragging on people for wondering, even if it is kind of a meaningless question to begin with.

AmberionMon 13-Dec-10 05:14 PM
Member since 06th Jun 2007
945 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3000, "If I remember correctly it was around 30% of hell have ..."
In response to Reply #2

N/T

Always shoot first and then call whatever you hit the target.

Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #2991 Previous topic | Next topic