Subject: "How can arial invoker see a ranger camo?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #2930
Show all folders

NewRanger (Anonymous)Wed 10-Nov-10 12:37 PM
Charter member
#2930, "How can arial invoker see a ranger camo?"

I was attacked by an arial invoker while camo and I wonder how he could see me?

Was it pure luck while he casted a fireball or is there a cabal's power, or something else, that allows someone without acute vision to see a ranger camo at mid-level???

Thank you.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Thank you for all the answers! nt, NewRanger (Anonymous), 11-Nov-10 07:13 AM, #6
Reply They can't see you, incognito, 10-Nov-10 03:03 PM, #4
Reply Another option: Twitchy edge might have warned him. N..., Quixotic, 10-Nov-10 12:51 PM, #2
Reply Emperor is the only one I know for sure, Tsunami, 10-Nov-10 12:43 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Emperor is the only one I know for sure, NewRanger (Anonymous), 10-Nov-10 02:00 PM, #3
          Reply Yep, Tsunami, 10-Nov-10 04:42 PM, #5

NewRanger (Anonymous)Thu 11-Nov-10 07:13 AM
Charter member
#2938, "Thank you for all the answers! nt"
In response to Reply #0

nt

incognitoWed 10-Nov-10 03:03 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2935, "They can't see you"
In response to Reply #0

Unless they have a unique item of gear from hell (which I bet they didn't).

Vokers sometimes set the place on fire because, once burning, someone can't camo or hide there.

More likely is that the voker spotted you before you camoed, or someone else did so he knew you were in the area, and then he proceeded to fireball you out.

I also tend to fireball in spots where you are more likely to have someone hiding. For example, my aps quite often iceball at the large crossroads on the eastern road and also the spot on the eastern road where going north will take you into the grove.

If I've seen a ranger on eastern, and he disappears, I'm likely to take a step into each of the wilderness areas and fireball or iceball there.

As a ranger, being unseen won't ALWAYS be enough. You also have to avoid being predictable. If you run to mount kiadana and hide when someone is chasing you across the ocean, don't hide at the first spot possible and stay there. Creep away so you can tell if he's fireballing people out, and better still, creep into a room with a bunch of storm giants so that fireballing you results in him pissing off a lot of giants. That sort of thing.

The other possibility is that you haven't perfected camouflage. If that's the case, you THINK you've camouflaged yourself but actually you haven't. (At least, that's how I seem to recall it works, but I always perfect it before I enter pk, just like I always perfect hide and sneak before I enter pk.)

QuixoticWed 10-Nov-10 12:51 PM
Member since 09th Feb 2006
830 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2932, "Another option: Twitchy edge might have warned him. N..."
In response to Reply #0

nt

TsunamiWed 10-Nov-10 12:43 PM
Member since 25th Mar 2008
1509 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2931, "Emperor is the only one I know for sure"
In response to Reply #0

I've played a lot of rangers.
1. Did you do something in the room that he might have seen you do?

2. Were you camod before he entered the area? (ie. maybe he saw you before you camoed then went over to fireball)

3. Are you one of the rangers that do not camo 100% of the time? I'm not sure on specifics but I think some giants and/or mariners have trouble camouflaging in certain terrains. Basically, are you SURE you were camouflaged?

4. Camo at 100%?

NewRanger (Anonymous)Wed 10-Nov-10 02:00 PM
Charter member
#2933, "RE: Emperor is the only one I know for sure"
In response to Reply #1

>I've played a lot of rangers.
>1. Did you do something in the room that he might have seen
>you do?

I guess not.

>2. Were you camod before he entered the area? (ie. maybe he
>saw you before you camoed then went over to fireball)

Might be it: he saw me in another zone where I wasnt camod and got me on the adjacent one.

>3. Are you one of the rangers that do not camo 100% of the
>time? I'm not sure on specifics but I think some giants and/or
>mariners have trouble camouflaging in certain terrains.
>Basically, are you SURE you were camouflaged?

I was camo and I'm no giant or mariner.

>4. Camo at 100%?

Yes.

So probably is option two or the twitchy edge (Thanks Quixotic, i didnt knew this edge).

TsunamiWed 10-Nov-10 04:42 PM
Member since 25th Mar 2008
1509 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2936, "Yep"
In response to Reply #3

I'd be willing to bet its the "he saw you then fireballed the entrance to the next area."

Have to be careful about that.

Had some arials that noticed a pattern of me hiding in a certain spot as well and they started wingsweeping to get me out.

Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #2930 Previous topic | Next topic