Subject: "Mercenaries" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #2803
Show all folders

Confused Player (Anonymous)Sat 18-Sep-10 10:36 PM
Charter member
#2803, "Mercenaries"

I'm sorta confused about Mercenaries and how they affect ranking. If I'm by myself, I can kill X Mob and get 140-150 xp. When I'm with a Merc, and I land the final blow, I'll get between 70-80 exp. And when the Merc gets the final blow, I'll end up with around 200+ exp. Why would the merc give me more exp when it lands the killing blow instead of me. And why does having a merc in your group affect the exp gains so much? Is it possible to have mercs just not factor into the exp? With low counts, sometimes having a merc is the only way to get extra damage to continue ranking.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

StraklawTue 21-Sep-10 04:20 PM
Member since 10th Mar 2003
1014 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#2814, "RE: Mercenaries"
In response to Reply #0

Wish I knew, it's actually something I've always been curious about as well. On the one side, I believe there was always some interest in encouraging people to go out and group w/ others rather than just NPCs. Fortunately, the low player count EXP bonus helps some these days.

I am really curious why you seem to get MORE exp if the NPC kills it, though.

TacTue 21-Sep-10 04:49 PM
Member since 15th Nov 2005
2050 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2815, "Low Merc level"
In response to Reply #1

It's like having a low level PC in your group, only more so, so occasionally you get better XP. It's almost always still worse than what you would get solo though.

Tac

Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #2803 Previous topic | Next topic