Subject: "Hero Rager Equipment Soloable?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #2716
Show all folders

UjorSat 24-Jul-10 04:40 PM
Member since 03rd May 2010
5 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2716, "Hero Rager Equipment Soloable?"

Can anyone help point out gear that a hero neutral Rager can likely get solo? And by that I mean there's a pretty good chance it isn't limited out (not like the cloak with patches) and doesn't require an awesome set of equipment to kill the mob. Last time I used to play I'd usually hit up High Lord's Keep and Whitecloak encampment for a few things, but the new HLK is too hard for me solo and the latter is gone.

And let's throw in the requirement that he's a minotaur, so no Mortorn or Dra'Melkhur and specialized head and footwear.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Looking for +Dam? +Str/Dex? -AC?, Homard, 24-Jul-10 05:10 PM, #2
Reply RE: Looking for +Dam? +Str/Dex? -AC?, Ujor, 25-Jul-10 03:27 AM, #3
     Reply I'd do this, Homard, 25-Jul-10 09:39 AM, #6
Reply Berserker Defender or Scout? n/t, Lhydia, 24-Jul-10 05:02 PM, #1
     Reply Berserker. (n/t), Ujor, 25-Jul-10 03:29 AM, #4
          Reply That sort of limits you. , Lhydia, 25-Jul-10 06:18 AM, #5

HomardSat 24-Jul-10 05:10 PM
Member since 10th Apr 2010
959 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2718, "Looking for +Dam? +Str/Dex? -AC?"
In response to Reply #0

If my hero-rager gets full looted, I'll Outfit and then go kill the Red-Gold Dragon. After that it depends on what I'm looking for specifically.

UjorSun 25-Jul-10 03:27 AM
5 posts
#2719, "RE: Looking for +Dam? +Str/Dex? -AC?"
In response to Reply #2

I'll admit I don't know where the red-gold dragon is but can ask around in game. How does the equipment compare to the plain old red dragon?

Basically I'm looking for stuff that is along the lines of being around +2 dam and other stuff (+str, +dex, -svs, +hit, +hp) or >+2 dam.

Any tidbits are appreciated. Thanks.

HomardSun 25-Jul-10 09:39 AM
Member since 10th Apr 2010
959 posts
#2722, "I'd do this"
In response to Reply #3

Outfit
Pale Skull Rings
Skin of the Snow Leopard
Adamantite Bracer x2 (from the Battlefield)
Red-Gold Dragon

Then you have some choices.
The Wool Cloak with the ebony clasp is good if it's available x2

You could kill The Bound One and mix and match with the dragon stuff.

You can get Elemental Mantles, some of which are pretty nice. I could solo the Arch-Bishops with Homard, but it became much harder after (illusionary) gear went in. They all give -svs too, which is something a Rager wants a lot of.

If I were you I'd do this:
Get immune to poison.
Kill the gassy archbishop for the mantle of air (+3 Dex).
Kill whichever other archbishop has something you want, usually the fire one.
Kill the Lobster. This will take a long, long, long time, but you can do it alone.

By the time you're done you should have a decent set, between the Dragon, Bound One and Lobster stuff.

I don't know where most of the good stuff is, but this is what I would aim for. When you get killed they'll take the Lobster Plates, but will often leave most of the other stuff, except the Mantle of Fire.

A better bet, though is to find someone in The Village who has been playing since 1994. They'll show you all sorts of crazy crap and, if they're a Defender, you'll be able to get a lot of it. Your greatest asset as a Caballed character is your allies.

Good Luck. I hope to meet up with you in The Village again one day.

LhydiaSat 24-Jul-10 05:02 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2387 posts
#2717, "Berserker Defender or Scout? n/t"
In response to Reply #0

gr

UjorSun 25-Jul-10 03:29 AM
5 posts
#2720, "Berserker. (n/t)"
In response to Reply #1

nt

LhydiaSun 25-Jul-10 06:18 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2387 posts
#2721, "That sort of limits you. "
In response to Reply #4

A lot easier to regear with a defender who can cure all the nasties.

If I were you my regear would be:

Go to guild and get ragesteel by typing 'outfit' at guildmaster as a ghost.

Go to the High Tower of Sorcery and get an opal ring from the entrance of the shadow grove in the tree on the way in.

Kill the demon familiar in there for an onyx and obsidian bracelet.

Go kill the catdog for collars.

Go get another opal ring from entrance

Go back and get another collar/bracelet.

Go to the past in the caves where the giants are on battlefields and get a blood stained tunic.

Kill midnight or red-gold dragon.

Get wide bronze belt from troll.

Really as a Berserker if you know what you're doing ragesteel and weapons from Grime should be enough to kill someone and replace your gear.

Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #2716 Previous topic | Next topic