Subject: "Valley Elves" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #2703
Show all folders

SeilclavinFri 09-Jul-10 10:46 PM
Member since 07th Nov 2005
43 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2703, "Valley Elves"
Edited on Fri 09-Jul-10 10:47 PM

Hello,
Is there a place in game to gather more information on how a Valley elf would look/interact?

I see based off the help file that valley elves are reclusive and maybe elusive. Would they still be considered one of the "Good" elf races, or more like a wood-elf?

Awaiting someones opinion so I can see if my idea can move forward.

Thanks in advance!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Valley Elves, Daevryn, 24-Jul-10 08:51 AM, #7
Reply Like, gag me with a spoon!, Pro, 24-Jul-10 02:39 PM, #8
Reply Valley Elves are a throwback to the Monster Manual 2., Pro, 21-Jul-10 03:52 PM, #3
Reply Addendum, Pro, 21-Jul-10 08:21 PM, #4
Reply Thanks!, Seilclavin, 22-Jul-10 09:33 PM, #5
     Reply No problem., Pro, 23-Jul-10 06:48 PM, #6
Reply RE: Valley Elves, Kirslamix, 10-Jul-10 11:38 PM, #1
     Reply Hrmm this was my delimma, Seilclavin, 11-Jul-10 10:13 AM, #2

DaevrynSat 24-Jul-10 08:51 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2714, "RE: Valley Elves"
In response to Reply #0

I always interpreted Valley as from the Vale of Arendyl.

ProSat 24-Jul-10 02:39 PM
Member since 14th Apr 2010
776 posts
#2715, "Like, gag me with a spoon!"
In response to Reply #7

That's so not tubular.

ProWed 21-Jul-10 03:11 PM
776 posts
#2710, "Valley Elves are a throwback to the Monster Manual 2."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Wed 21-Jul-10 03:52 PM

There were an off shoot of Grey elves where were an off shoot of stock AD&D elves. They were extremely xenophobic to all except some nearby gnomes whome they tolerated.

They acted as a protective force to some wizard in a Tower in the valley they called their home. Their alignment was Chaotic Neutral in the manual and I believe that had 1+1 Hit Die.

I usead to have all the 2nd Edition monster manuals, players handbooks and Dungeon masters guide memorized word for word. Been about 25 years since I read those books.

The help file for them is almost word for word from the M.M.2.

I laugh when young players say this game has nothing in common with AD&D.

ProWed 21-Jul-10 08:21 PM
776 posts
#2711, "Addendum"
In response to Reply #3

For some reason I want to think they had 1+2 Hit dice. I remember I loved the picture and thought they kicked ass.

SeilclavinThu 22-Jul-10 09:33 PM
43 posts
#2712, "Thanks!"
In response to Reply #3

That does shed a little more light on them AND kind of explain why I can't wrack my brain for where the heck they are IC.

Thinking in CF Terms they're kinda like the outcasts of High Elves that are like Wood elves...

But based off your CN status that means they're wood-elves by another name.

Shucks.

Thanks for the advice anyways though. Never the the AD&D thing so all i've got to fall back on is pointless CF knowledge.

ProFri 23-Jul-10 06:48 PM
776 posts
#2713, "No problem."
In response to Reply #5

I kinda made the connection to THACO and our current to hit/damage system because of my Old school AD&D knowledge too.

When I did, I became more competative in the only area I am competative, that being levels 1-20.

KirslamixSat 10-Jul-10 11:38 PM
Member since 20th Nov 2006
52 posts
#2704, "RE: Valley Elves"
In response to Reply #0

Aren't Valley elves the Elves in the Vale?

In other words, they are just the poorer version of the 'High Elves' that live within the walls of Darsylon.

So imagine the Vale as the paupers village and darsylon as the beverly hills esque part.

I would say still good, some slanting to neutral and going down the wood elf path.

Thats the only valley elves I could think of. If not them, then the elves in Village of Lallenya....Though I just thought they were Jade Elves. They sure are reclusive though!

SeilclavinSun 11-Jul-10 10:13 AM
43 posts
#2705, "Hrmm this was my delimma"
In response to Reply #1

I assumed that Valley Elves were simply the offshoot of Darsylon elves. But the help file for "Valley Elves" kinda leans me more towards how the Village Of Lalleneya is set up with long trails in the middle of freaking nowhere. I always thought that "Jade" Elves are kinda denoted as "Jade" Elves....

Seems these "Valley" elves are a Branch of the Darsylon, which is what I was hoping.

Thanks for the Reply to help gather my thoughts!

Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #2703 Previous topic | Next topic