Subject: "Shifter Forms." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #2674
Show all folders

KalageadonWed 23-Jun-10 04:15 PM
Member since 23rd Oct 2003
1044 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2674, "Shifter Forms."

Are shifter forms completely random, or do they vary with lvl attained, or some other factor?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Completely random, Zulghinlour, 23-Jun-10 06:00 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Completely random, Kalageadon, 23-Jun-10 07:08 PM, #2
          Reply I think he was more meaning that...., Kirslamix, 23-Jun-10 09:55 PM, #3
          Reply RE: Completely random, Zulghinlour, 23-Jun-10 10:30 PM, #4
               Reply RE: Completely random, Straklaw, 24-Jun-10 03:40 AM, #5
                    Reply RE: Completely random, Serial Ranger, 04-Jul-10 06:31 PM, #6
                         Reply Utility forms with minimal mv costs etc, Abernyte, 05-Jul-10 04:14 AM, #7

ZulghinlourWed 23-Jun-10 06:00 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
9792 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2675, "Completely random"
In response to Reply #0

Randomly rolled at the point where you do shapefocus. The only caveat is there are some forms you can't get that are pairs within the same focus, but at different tiers (e.g. if you get tortoise, you won't get armadillo)

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

KalageadonWed 23-Jun-10 07:08 PM
Member since 23rd Oct 2003
1044 posts
#2676, "RE: Completely random"
In response to Reply #1

Does that mean that you could possibly narrow the prospective forms from different minor forms attained? ie you get ferret, you won't get specific form, or goat vs ram, or are the paired forms only 2nd and 1st tier forms? Sorry if I'm digging too much, simply curious.

KirslamixWed 23-Jun-10 09:55 PM
Member since 20th Nov 2006
52 posts
#2677, "I think he was more meaning that...."
In response to Reply #2

If you get one form that has one specific speciality

EG - Tortoise being a punching bag you won't get another form with identical properties in the next tier.

So i'd imagine it'd be along the same lines if you get a form with greater regeneration. You won't get a form in the same shapefocus with the same greater regeneration.

Different shapefocus different story though I think.

Just my 2 cents.

ZulghinlourWed 23-Jun-10 10:30 PM
9792 posts
#2678, "RE: Completely random"
In response to Reply #2

>Does that mean that you could possibly narrow the prospective
>forms from different minor forms attained? ie you get ferret,
>you won't get specific form, or goat vs ram, or are the paired
>forms only 2nd and 1st tier forms? Sorry if I'm digging too
>much, simply curious.

The majority of them are 1st and 2nd tier forms. I think there is one or two that are 2 -> 3

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

StraklawThu 24-Jun-10 03:40 AM
Member since 10th Mar 2003
1014 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#2680, "RE: Completely random"
In response to Reply #4

I'm still angry at my Util/Util shifter who got spider/baboon, orangutan/howler monkey for final four forms. I mean...really!??!

It was two ago, and I think you've fixed it since, but still

Serial RangerSun 04-Jul-10 06:31 PM
Member since 01st Aug 2009
21 posts
#2699, "RE: Completely random"
In response to Reply #5

I loved Orangutan when I had it back in the day, but I think it's been changed since then. As an aside, I thought Howler Monkey had minimal movement cost, but when I had it, I didn't seem to have that.

AbernyteMon 05-Jul-10 04:14 AM
973 posts
#2700, "Utility forms with minimal mv costs etc"
In response to Reply #6

Were removed from the game when Zulgh removed all mv costs, minimal and otherwise. Now the offense forms like grizzly move without massive lag but Fox etc lost the minimal mv cost.

Zulgh did say he would put something in place later to balance it back out but not played a Utility shifter since to know.

-----Abernyte

Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #2674 Previous topic | Next topic