Subject: "Immortal deaths/quitting/autodeletes... Battlefields?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #256
Show all folders

thedrunkardThu 11-Sep-03 03:30 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
53 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#256, "Immortal deaths/quitting/autodeletes... Battlefields?"

I have always wondered how come when an Imm's character leaves CF, why are they not posted on the Battlefields. Most of learning carrionfields I've done by playing, but a lot also comes from what I read about on the forums.

Something to the affect of normal posts and goodbyes, maybe even a little epilogue or something, about their religion, purpose, pre-imort life.. etc.

Unless there is a specific reasoning, which I can't really come to conclusion to find, wouldn't you, the player base, as well peers of immstaff, want to see something of that affect? Yes, no? how comes?

Early bird gets the worm, Second mouse gets the cheese!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

IlraethSat 20-Sep-03 02:43 PM
20 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#264, "Immortal Deaths"
In response to Reply #0

In some cases the immortal player in question has indeed ended that immortal characters life and began a new Imm character. In other cases the immortals player simply doesn’t have the time or inclination to continue with the character (or at all) and simply would rather bow out and fade away, and still other times the "death" is more like a comic book characters death, in that no body was found and the possibility for return is still open. In any case, the majority of the time it’s a leave of absence (temporary or permanent) for the Imm or a reincarnation into another immortal character, and although it sucks loosing an Imm character you’ve grown fond of interacting with, more then likely you’ll run into them again at some point, or already have.

SailatinuThu 11-Sep-03 04:01 PM
Member since 27th Jul 2003
115 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#257, "RE: Immortal deaths/quitting/autodeletes... Battlefield..."
In response to Reply #0

Personally, I've always found in one sense.. alot of IMM's never leave CF, but simply end the life of a particular character and then take on a new role and life of another immortal-esque character.
Similar to Twist, and others in their lives.

UlulariSun 14-Sep-03 12:56 AM
120 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#260, ""in one sense..""
In response to Reply #1

Seems to me that non-imms could be described the same way.

Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #256 Previous topic | Next topic