Subject: "Wiki Poll. What information do you want?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #2543
Show all folders

StraklawFri 25-Dec-09 05:21 AM
Member since 10th Mar 2003
1014 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#2543, "Wiki Poll. What information do you want?"

To start you off, here's what is either already in there, or GOING to be in there soon as we can.

1) FAQs. Class FAQs, RP FAQs, PvP FAQs, whatever seems interesting? Can't hurt to have it!
2) Maps. We know everyone loves maps. This wiki doesn't like them though, so we're trying.
3) Class infos. Familiars, shifter forms, spec infos, legacies, etc. All that sorta cool stuff about class variety. Edges too, since we all loves them edges.
4) Item lists. Yeah, these are handy. Working on that too, soon as the good way to put 'em up is figured out.
5) General infos. Stat stuff, race/class, I dunno.

That's what I've thought of, anyone else have any suggestions? Throw 'em out here, and I'll do what I can!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TrapperJohn (inactive user)Tue 01-Jun-10 03:59 PM
Charter member
In response to Reply #0

Me and the noobz would love faqs on:

Size: basics of what reduce/enlarge affect. Bashing, creeping, dodging, bearcharging, etc

Speed: basics of what slow/haste/quickening do

Lag: bash/trip and friends

A/B/S: What the wands are, what ranks you can find yours, how to get detect artifact, existence of edges

DervishThu 13-May-10 02:35 PM
Member since 11th Oct 2003
617 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#2643, "Whats wrong with Dios? n/t"
In response to Reply #0

nt

StraklawThu 13-May-10 05:04 PM
Member since 10th Mar 2003
1014 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#2644, "Wow, this post is still alive?"
In response to Reply #3

Anyways, there's nothing necessarily wrong with Diku's. Hell, right now, it's the only one we've got 'til the official gets restored. However, there ARE a number of things advantageous about the official Wiki.

1) Limited access. Yes, it's harder to post, but it also makes it that much harder to destroy parts of the Wiki, as people have tried on Diku's. I've also always been perfectly willing for people to e-mail me anything they wanted added.

2) It IS the Official Wiki. For one, it should hopefully be more easily found by newbies, instead of having to learn about Dio's, and then the Wiki from there.

3) Also, being an official one, Daevryn and other Imms actually made some modifications and updates for us. I'd added things that I thought were true, or had become standing urban legends that were clarified and corrected. It's nice knowing that if we ask nice enough, we've had a respectable shot at getting correct answers straight from the horses's mouth.

4) It's sorta a project I'd decided to OCD myself. Hence my promoting it, and wanting it to become useful and worthwhile. We've also included it into our Marketing Team goals under the "Making CF Newbie-Friendlier" heading, and will hopefully have it easily accessible through the website.
Looking at the realm of theory, since it'll be on the official website, we'll have the POSSIBILITY of access to the CF server. I could be wrong, but I believe that's how the helpfile access worked previously, and is why it's broken now.

All in all, I'm sure there's stuff that Diku's'll be good for still, but there's definitely also advantages to an official one.

TorakSat 26-Dec-09 02:32 AM
Member since 15th Feb 2007
1216 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2544, "I want this sub-forum fixed"
In response to Reply #0

There's too many stickies, have to scroll down a bunch just to see your post

ValguarneraSat 13-Feb-10 06:30 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2585, "Working on this. (n/t)"
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Thu 13-May-10 06:29 AM

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #2543 Previous topic | Next topic