Subject: "can i download the game?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #2534
Show all folders

bobaaaaaaaaaMon 26-Oct-09 04:53 PM
Member since 01st Oct 2005
2 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2534, "can i download the game?"

i just want to play single player :]

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

StraklawMon 26-Oct-09 05:25 PM
Member since 10th Mar 2003
1014 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#2535, "No, but...."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Mon 26-Oct-09 05:25 PM

Having had my brief stints as Heroimms, I can pretty confidently say you're not going to get ahold of any of CF's actual code. Even to see the information regarding area building requires signing a non-disclosure agreement. If you consider the amount of hours our various Implementors, Builders, etc, have put into the MUD, you can understand why they wouldn't want to risk people running off with copycats.

However, that said, the stock ROM code which CF derives from CAN be downloaded, and you can make your own little mini-mud to play around in. I've done it once years ago, but don't remember how it was done. It's kinda fun being God for awhile, but a Multi-User Dungeon (MUD) without the Multi is pretty boring quick.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #2534 Previous topic | Next topic