Subject: "Changes to CF over the years, and a thanks" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #2502
Show all folders

RadeMon 10-Aug-09 01:27 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
157 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2502, "Changes to CF over the years, and a thanks"

I started playing some time around 2001. I pretty quickly became a fairly competant thief and was relatively deathful. I dunno, maybe everyone could be deathful with dual-backstab. Anyways, I was really starting to come into my "stride" with respect to finding my way around, being able to prep with everything a fighting class might want/need (just about). Then Boom, thief revamp. I was pretty devastated. I played a few half-assed characters here and there but really just couldn't get into it.

What changed it for me, recently, was detect artifact. Before d/a I knew one barrier location and two aura locations, but one of those could only be used by a particular class. I literally hadn't played a character in years, but I rolled a mage and I've been wandering around looking for wands now. I still haven't found all my sleeks but I HAVE found enough wand locations that I should have a steady supply to meet my meager needs. Adding detect artifact has opened up a whole new world for me playing mages where before I just could not invest the time to randomly kill unique things just to hope to find a wand. Incidentally, one wand I've found isn't carried by a "unique" mob. Is that a bug?

I still sort of suck at CF but at least now I can pretend to hold my own 1on1 as a mage. Next I'm going to work on upping the ante with roleplay as well. I really suck at that so we'll see how it goes. I finally feel like it's worth an effort though. Detect Artifact, along with some of the other newbie helpers like the improved outfit and limited xp loss from a mob death have made my crappy comeback a cozy one.

I'm sure if you go back and read a lot of my posts on this forum you'll see me whining about how ridiculously difficult CF was for a newbie. Apparently someone finally decided to make life easier for casual players like me and I want to say that A) I'm sorry I whined so much, and B) thanks for making it better/easier.

Cheers,
Rade

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TwistMon 10-Aug-09 08:01 AM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2503, "Nice post. I, for one, say thanks. (n/t)"
In response to Reply #0

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #2502 Previous topic | Next topic