Subject: "A possible idea for a new class" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #2424
Show all folders

ilanthasMon 25-May-09 07:02 PM
Member since 26th Apr 2009
15 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2424, "A possible idea for a new class"

Hello all,
I had an idea I wanted to run by everyone. I posted it here because I was not sure what forum to post it under. My idea is this:
A true martial artist class.
1. There would be five different schools to choose from like tiger, snake, mantis, dragon, and crane.
2. Each school has their own unique abilities.
3. Also you would have different belts you could achieve. To get each one you would have to master different skills, except for the first belt which you would just have to achieve a certain rank.
I would like everyones thoughts on this.
Thanks,
Ilanthas

Yesterday is forever gone, tomorrow may never come, today is the day of all days

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

camistMon 25-May-09 08:28 PM
Member since 12th Dec 2008
17 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2426, "So, you played Darkmists?"
In response to Reply #0

The class you describe is the monk class from Darkmists MUD, from the school names to the belt progression.
Don't claim it isn't because I played there for 10 years.

From what I've seen on CF, the Imms here are creative enough without taking ideas from other MUDs.

RodriguezTue 26-May-09 04:22 AM
Member since 30th Jan 2005
367 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#2427, "Hell yea!"
In response to Reply #2

Even the frigging Chinese stole the school names from Darkmists MUD, and dont even get me started with belts and the Japanese.

Nothing is safe from copycats these days... (

JavaMon 25-May-09 07:09 PM
Member since 07th Apr 2003
1055 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#2425, "Sounds kind of like an assassin revamp, more than a new..."
In response to Reply #0

I like the idea of different schools to learn different tricks. That seems to be the way the game is going. I think about half the classes have some level of customization beyond just the standard set of skills given.

I'm not sure what the purpose of the "belt" system would be. I guess similar to the way assassin kicks work now, where perfecting certain skills gives access to new ones. I hate that mechanic, but I guess it works.

Really though, I think there are a few other classes that would need a revamp before assassins. Shamen being the most obvious one.

AceBushidoTue 26-May-09 11:17 AM
Member since 23rd May 2009
34 posts
#2428, "True"
In response to Reply #1

Besides assassin are so customizable through edges at this point it'll be a while before they take a front seat to getting revamped.

Although skills like anticipate being thrown into the game makes it all the more appealing to try to come up with ideas.

Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #2424 Previous topic | Next topic