Subject: "Lag" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #2372
Show all folders

CalekFri 20-Mar-09 10:17 AM
Member since 18th Jul 2007
1 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2372, "Lag"

Hello I am new to CF and so far like it very much, however there is a slight problem. I lag a lot! I've tried other muds and the connection is fine however this particular mud lags on me a lot. Does anyone else experience this or am I the only one? If so what can I do to improve it? Thank you in advance!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

IsildurFri 20-Mar-09 11:30 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2374, "RE: Lag"
In response to Reply #0

What country are you in?

If you're on windows, try "ping -n 30 carrionfields.com" and post the min/max/avg. It could just be network congestion.

RayihnFri 20-Mar-09 10:37 AM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
#2373, "RE: Lag"
In response to Reply #0

Depends on what you're trying to do. The mud itself does not really lag unless Zulg's grinding the box to a halt for something or other, but that doesn't happen very often. The mud itself, however, has delay built into its commands. For example, if you're walking through a forest it takes a longer time to move from room to room. Walking down a road it's easier, etc etc. Casting spells has different amounts of lag time, as well as using many skills. What type of lag are you experiencing?

Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #2372 Previous topic | Next topic