Subject: "Evil Conjurers" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #2368
Show all folders

SideStriderWed 11-Mar-09 01:16 PM
Member since 30th Dec 2007
208 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#2368, "Evil Conjurers"

I have never tried to play a conjurer in the past and have heard that many dark conjurers do not have much success, But I would still like to try one. I was wondering if anybody might have a few tips and pointers on how to make it an enjoyable experience instead of nervously waiting for my demons to flay my flesh.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

IsildurWed 18-Mar-09 08:46 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2371, "RE: Evil Conjurers"
In response to Reply #0

1. Figure out the unique things each type of demon does, as well as what makes each type happy. You can ask people in game, but you're an evil conjurer so other evil conjurers might not be terribly forthcoming.

2. Find sources of a/s/b. I know some types of devils will cast barrier on you, but if you're going to use demons then you'll want to find your own source. This is sort of standard mage advice.

3. Find ways to haste yourself and your servitors. I can think of at least two. This isn't as important with devils, but hasting your demon and elemental will increase your offense a LOT.

4. Find convenient ways to slow yourself. There are two that come to mind. This isn't absolutely essential, but it sure seems like it'd make your life a lot less tedious.

5. Read the help files for all the conjurer edges, then play your character in such a way that imms will want to reward you. Some of the conjie ones seem pretty nice. Again, this sort of applies to any class, but certain of the conjurer one seem extra-useful.

6. If you plan on using night gaunts as an *initial* attack, or even if you don't, you'll want to do some exploring to find nifty areas/rooms to gaunt people to. I haven't played an evil conjurer, but I keep thinking about doing it just to test whether some potential gaunt locations I've found would actually "work".

7. Bone up on your scion studies, and hope something interesting starts happening leader-wise with that cabal, because that (and Tribunal) are the only real optionss for you. (Sorry Herald!)

ArtificialThu 12-Mar-09 12:19 PM
Member since 22nd Apr 2008
1180 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2369, "Make sure you understand how to make your demons/devils..."
In response to Reply #0

nt

TacThu 12-Mar-09 01:07 PM
Member since 15th Nov 2005
2050 posts
#2370, "And know wands. Devils are a poor man's subtitute."
In response to Reply #1

Overall, be prepared to either eat pills like they are going out of style (I think maybe they are), or to have long bouts of downtime where you are mostly hoping you aren't going to get turned on. Pick on people at the bottom of your range until you understand what will get you killed early in a fight, and then rock out with your cock out. Nothing is quite so scary as an evil conjie as nothing but a super powerful ap puts out quite so much hurting quite so fast.

Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #2368 Previous topic | Next topic