Subject: "Looting Question." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1974
Show all folders

KalageadonSun 28-Oct-07 04:50 PM
Member since 23rd Oct 2003
1044 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1974, "Looting Question."

I noticed that the imms added corpse guard, but that doesn't stop anyone if they are either scared off, or leave the room for any point in time. I personally find that most higher ranking characters do not take many things as is the swing of things right now but lowbies loot a rank 51 set of clothing and they have no way to pk to get it back. So my question was has the imm staff thought about adding only pk range looting? I had seen it on other muds and was curious. I know I am ranting but there isn't much more that makes me mad as when I just manage some bad luck and fall and then a little rank 12 is wearing all of my clothing.

Thanks for reading this even if it is a bit foolish.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DaevrynSun 28-Oct-07 10:06 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1975, "RE: Looting Question."
In response to Reply #0

I don't really see us doing this any time soon. Corpseguard isn't foolproof, but it's about as close to preventing lower level characters from looting as we wanted.

Overall, I'd say out of range looting saves people's gear, if not as often as it takes it, close to as often.

Don't forget that anyone who can loot you does have others in range; you may be able to recruit some help to get some of it back, or at least, make sure that the looter doesn't keep it.

DwoggurdMon 29-Oct-07 01:30 AM
Member since 20th Jan 2004
668 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1976, "Looting is cool"
In response to Reply #1

And then you get a level 12 fire ap wearing darkened set and wide coppers.

AmberionSat 10-Nov-07 03:27 PM
Member since 06th Jun 2007
945 posts
#1994, "Hrm, tried this..."
In response to Reply #1

I tried this with Batu, imperial warrior. Offered everyone I could see in the guys range 200 gold coins to bring me some of the pieces back (No imperials in the guys range). One person took up the offer, tried, and got mercesly slaughtered of course since the lvl 25 AP guy had a fullset of lvl 51 Hero loot witch was quite good I must say. (70ish damroll) Tried to recruit people with Berak (villager) as well, didn't go to good either. None even tried. heh

I don't mind being full looted/saced by others in my range, but the low lvl lootings are VERY annoying. But I can't say that I don't want out of range people not being able to loot at all either. Aah well, it's a hard balance and I'll stop ranting about it now.

Always shoot first and then call whatever you hit the target.

Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1974 Previous topic | Next topic