Subject: "Ok, so what's the difference between goodies and evil?...." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1950
Show all folders

DervishTue 02-Oct-07 02:21 AM
Member since 11th Oct 2003
617 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#1950, "Ok, so what's the difference between goodies and evil?..txt"

Evil kill for learning
goodies do so. Evils kill dryads for personal gain. Goodies kill trolls for the same. Trolls are not agressive, they just live in forest they like. So killing them does not prevent more killing.

Evils PKill agressively
Goodies do so as well. Evil duergar might kill someone just because to get his money or something else. Goodies kill fire giant just because of his race. They did not see if he killed 'whatever', they just slew him because he is fire giant...still they are goodies in this case?

what's the difference between them then? why Marans considering themselves goodies if they just run and kill?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

IsildurSat 13-Oct-07 10:31 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1967, "RE: Ok, so what's the difference between goodies and ev..."
In response to Reply #0

For all intents and purposes, you can consider fire giants, drow and duergar to be in the same class of being as the undead. That is to say they're categorically evil and everybody in Thera knows it.

Also, good-aligned characters are presumably not killing evil beings purely for personal gain. From an OOC perspective both groups kill to get XP. From an IC perspective good-aligned characters should be killing evil beings to prevent them harming innocents, to cleanse Thera of the creatures' taint, etc. etc.

TriloTue 02-Oct-07 09:21 PM
Member since 11th Feb 2006
14 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1953, "Good in CF is different from good in RL."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Tue 02-Oct-07 09:23 PM

This is a world where morals are objective and determined by the gods. If they say it's OK to murder every fire giant you see, it is. It might not be OK to do that in real life, if giants existed, but really, who cares? CF is a game and it's more fun this way.

LyedenTue 02-Oct-07 06:19 PM
Member since 05th Aug 2007
49 posts
#1952, "RE: Ok, so what's the difference between goodies and ev..."
In response to Reply #0

I'm assuming this post is genuine and meant to troll here...

Well, why not roll a goodie that doesn't kill fire giants just because they're fire giants, trolls that don't attack anyone, etc? And then try getting other goodies to see things from that point of view?

But, in answer to your question...probably the reasons behind it. "If I don't kill this FG, he'll kill innocents and allies" versus "I hate you all and just want your money" kinda thing.

DervishThu 04-Oct-07 03:45 PM
Member since 11th Oct 2003
617 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#1954, "RE: Ok, so what's the difference between goodies and ev..."
In response to Reply #2

>I'm assuming this post is genuine and meant to troll here...
No, its just a philosophical question. But I've got answer I need on Dios
>Well, why not roll a goodie that doesn't kill fire giants just
>because they're fire giants, trolls that don't attack anyone,
>etc? And then try getting other goodies to see things from
>that point of view?
Thats what I am going to do and thats why I have asked
>But, in answer to your question...probably the reasons behind
>it. "If I don't kill this FG, he'll kill innocents and allies"
>versus "I hate you all and just want your money" kinda thing.

DaevrynTue 02-Oct-07 01:33 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#1951, "Man. I'm not touching that with a 10' pole."
In response to Reply #0

I mean, since we're talking about jumping on trolls...

Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1950 Previous topic | Next topic