Subject: "SKILL IMPROVEMENT" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1946
Show all folders

SutanaSun 30-Sep-07 04:22 AM
Member since 30th Sep 2007
2 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1946, "SKILL IMPROVEMENT"

Can I improve my skill just by using it?
I know, I can impove it by training.
But when I will mostly use the KICK, wil this skill be improved too?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DurNominatorSun 30-Sep-07 11:03 AM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1948, "If you haven't practiced the skill, it will not improve"
In response to Reply #0

So, you'll have to practice the skill to get it to some useful level. If the skill is at 1%, it does not improve. You cannot practice a skill above 75%, as the rest of the skill % must be gained through use. The skill % has a chance of improve when you are using it. The specifics on the chance for improvement are explained in the helpfile of skill improvement.

Short answer is: if you have practiced kick above 1%, it will improve in use.

The general guideline for practicing is to wear +int gear to max your int when you use practice to a skill. If you have 23 int or above, 1 practice/skill is enough(1 prac practices it to 71% at int 23. It'd be waste of practice to put a prac in that 4%). If your race isn't smart enough to get 23 int or above, You should have at least 17 int, so that 2 practices is enough to practice the skill to 75%.

SutanaMon 01-Oct-07 04:30 PM
Member since 30th Sep 2007
2 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1949, "RE: If you haven't practiced the skill, it will not imp..."
In response to Reply #2

Thank you, it is exactly I wanted to know.

StraklawSun 30-Sep-07 05:50 AM
Member since 10th Mar 2003
1014 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#1947, "RE: Skill Improvement"
In response to Reply #0

Help Skill Improvement details most of the important aspects to this, but the short answer is yes.

Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1946 Previous topic | Next topic