Subject: "Wrapping and such" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1829
Show all folders

LyedenTue 07-Aug-07 02:56 PM
Member since 05th Aug 2007
49 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1829, "Wrapping and such"

Is there an alternative to the qhcf site for wrapping text and putting the appropriate command before each line? It's great when it works, but at the time of this writing it fails once I push the format button, and the site itself seems to go down a lot...

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

LochzanThu 09-Aug-07 12:12 PM
Member since 24th Mar 2004
58 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1832, "RE: Wrapping and such"
In response to Reply #0

In any text editor, chance to font to "Courier New" and then just hit enter at the end of each line at an appropriate length. Insert your own "role+" before each entry. Very fast, no errors, and you can choose how long each line is based on how neat it will make the end result look. As opposed to letting some evil machine do it for you.

RayihnTue 07-Aug-07 05:33 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
#1830, "RE: Wrapping and such"
In response to Reply #0

This site is player run, not immortal run, and due to the occasionally erroneous info on it, we don't condone it. Perhaps we can add a word wrapper on our log board, I'll ask Valg about it.

LyedenTue 07-Aug-07 07:00 PM
Member since 05th Aug 2007
49 posts
#1831, "RE: Wrapping and such"
In response to Reply #1

Oh, I knew it was a third party. It's just tools like that are very useful, so I was wondering if anyone happened to know of another one, as I'm not a fan of manually wrapping to 80 and then adding "role +" or "note +" and whatnot to each line.

Right now it seems to be working, at least. Just has that nasty habit of going down for days at a time.

Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1829 Previous topic | Next topic