Subject: "why am I not a good fighter..I need tips" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1644
Show all folders

ellenWed 14-Feb-07 08:45 AM
Member since 24th Jan 2007
2 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1644, "why am I not a good fighter..I need tips"

it seems that players who are 2/3 or more levels below me their attacks can MASSACRE & DISMEMBER me whereas my attacks can only decimate (in small letters) & devastate them at the most. Im at level 18 an assassin. Can anyone advise me.

Thankyou

Did I just stick a great big bullseye on myself? hmmmm

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TwistWed 14-Feb-07 09:31 AM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1647, "Check out the help on Enhanced Damage..."
In response to Reply #0

The chars who are throwing out CAPS damage almost assuredly have the enhanced damage skill which amplifies your damage a lot. Assassins do not get this skill until level 21.

DurNominatorWed 14-Feb-07 09:29 AM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1646, "RE: why am I not a good fighter..I need tips"
In response to Reply #0

The players who did DISMEMBER-MASSACRE's didn't happen to be giant warriors, did they?

There can be many factors, but here's some:

-Warriors get enchanced damage earlier than assassins(at level 1), which makes them hit harder.

-The said warriors probably were geared for damroll and have higher damroll than you do.

-If they were giants, they have higher strength than you are.

-They might have been more proficient in their weapon skill than you are with yours.

-You might be vulnerable to their attacks(etc. water/fire vs felar)

-They might be resistant to your attacks(etc. physical vs giant)

Most likely, it's either strength or gear that makes the difference, but the other factors come into play as well. However, as an assassin, you have the advantage of them not seeing you while hidden(discounting duergars), so you can strike at them when they have their pants down. And no, you didn't stick a big bullseye on yourself. 2-3 levels of difference doesn't really matter that much.

RodriguezWed 14-Feb-07 09:12 AM
Member since 30th Jan 2005
367 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#1645, "Well"
In response to Reply #0

I think they just scrap together as much +Damage Gear as they can find.
Mobs/Looting high level people/Gear on the ground and so on...

Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1644 Previous topic | Next topic