Subject: "Greetings" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1625
Show all folders

lovechiefsMon 29-Jan-07 10:00 AM
Member since 24th Feb 2006
8 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#1625, "Greetings"

Hello
The last time I tried Carrion Fields,I was very badly received by other players because I was a new player at this game and I was asking questions which for them were old history.
Now,I have decided to give Carrion Fields another go(along with Imperian).
I hope this time the reception will be much better

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

IsildurMon 29-Jan-07 10:52 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1627, "RE: Greetings"
In response to Reply #0

Welcome back!

In my experience, most things that the new player will have questions about are covered in a helpfile "somewhere". So, using the in-game help system can often get you the answer you need more quickly than other methods. If you can't find it in a helpfile, then Daevryn's suggestion about the newbie channel is a good one. If that also fails, or if you rank past the point where you can use the newbie channel, you can come here and post your question in the "New Player Q&A" section.

One thing I'd note about the CF playerbase- not everyone is nice. It's sort of like a pickup basketball game. Some players will be nice guys and not do stuff like intentionally foul you, argue every call, hog the ball, etc. Other people will be jerks. CF is no different. Just don't let the jerks get to you.

TwistMon 29-Jan-07 10:44 AM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1626, "Welcome Back"
In response to Reply #0

Hopefully you'll run into more friendly people this time. I encourage you to make use of the newbie channel. You can talk on it simply by using the following syntax:

newbie <message here>

So for instance if you had a question about what helpfile will help you figure out how to "cast", you'd type the following:

newbie What's the helpfile for casting spells?

Most people are nice on the newbie channel (and if they aren't, we try to smack them )

(the answer to that question, btw, is help cast.

Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1625 Previous topic | Next topic