Subject: "poison darts (assassin skill)" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1481
Show all folders

JajaSun 05-Nov-06 11:43 PM
Member since 07th Sep 2006
15 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1481, "poison darts (assassin skill)"

Hail.

The question is: what is this? Is it worth bothering? Help file says there are three types of it but words "sleep", "confusion" and "acidic" are so misty. May I ask anybody to clearify this skill a little?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TheDudeMon 06-Nov-06 02:41 AM
Member since 20th Sep 2005
283 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1483, "Without giving anything away"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Mon 06-Nov-06 02:43 AM

For me, it is worth practicing. Play around with the different effects. Pay particular attention to the part of the helpfile which says "to provide an edge for eventual combat". Specifically, it might help to take notice of your varying degrees of success against mobs when the different darts land versus not. I consider it just another nifty piece of an assassin's toolkit, not necessarily a dealbreaker.

Edited: Oh, and it doesn't initiate combat, which is nice.

dalnekoMon 06-Nov-06 12:11 AM
Member since 28th Feb 2006
268 posts
#1482, "RE: poison darts (assassin skill)"
In response to Reply #0

Uh, one causes the target to be sleepy, the other confuses them (similar to the neurological poison of poisoner thieves, I guess), and the last one just straight-forward poisons them? At least that's what I get from the words sleepy, confusion, and acidic. I couldn't tell you if it's worth practicing them or not but if you're new to assassin you should practice all the skills so you can get first-hand experience on how they work.

incognitoMon 06-Nov-06 05:31 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1484, "RE: poison darts (assassin skill)"
In response to Reply #1

sleepy = slowed, I think
acidic = str loss, damage on tick (which is useful for making rangers come out of camo briefly etc.
confusion = target selection problems iirc. I seem to remember not being able to disarm someone because "they weren't wielding a weapon" when actually I knew they were. So I think it is because my disarm was trying to hit a mob in the room instead.

DurNominatorMon 06-Nov-06 10:52 AM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1486, "RE: poison darts (assassin skill)"
In response to Reply #3

>sleepy = slowed, I think
>acidic = str loss, damage on tick (which is useful for making
>rangers come out of camo briefly etc.

Agreed.

>confusion = target selection problems iirc. I seem to remember
>not being able to disarm someone because "they weren't
>wielding a weapon" when actually I knew they were. So I think
>it is because my disarm was trying to hit a mob in the room
>instead.

And scan problems. It's a bit like tears song. It's problems with perception in general, I think.

JajaTue 07-Nov-06 12:17 PM
Member since 07th Sep 2006
15 posts
#1487, "thanks"
In response to Reply #4

I got the answers I was expecting, thanks.

The idea is: may be this help file should be a little more comprehansive? I do not expect figures, no. But some comments would look in place.

Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1481 Previous topic | Next topic