Subject: "Weapon level and wielder level" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1416
Show all folders

JajaSun 10-Sep-06 03:08 PM
Member since 07th Sep 2006
15 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1416, "Weapon level and wielder level"

Hail

The question is: does the level of a weapon has any effect on how effeciently a wielder can handle it?

An example: a wielder (assassin of 15th rank) has two swords. Swords' stats are the same but the level, one is of level 20, another of level 50. Is there any difference in how efficient will the use of these weapons be?

Thanks in adnace.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

trhSun 10-Sep-06 03:28 PM
Member since 09th Jul 2006
65 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#1418, "Heavens, yes."
In response to Reply #0

I suppose I thought this was common knowledge, or that there was a helpfile for it. But I suppose if you're newer to the game, it probably hasn't been explained to you.

Yes, there is definitely factors that go into weapon level vs player level. This is mostly to act as a balancing factor. I'll try to explain it as briefly and to-the-point as possible. Others may have more to throw into the answer.

This really only applies to lower level characters. A low level character cannot wield high average/high level weapons with the same efficiency a character around the same level of the high average/high level weapon could. So you can't go and loot a hero, take his level 50, average 28 weapon, with your level 15 fire giant, and expect to dish out mangles like the hero would. You'll definitely get more damage out of a weapon that is at or around your level, or obviously, lower than your level.

JajaMon 11-Sep-06 04:49 AM
Member since 07th Sep 2006
15 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1420, "RE: Heavens, yes."
In response to Reply #2

Hi.

Well, I just got an idea to suggest to the Imms. I think this would be fantazy world compliant and convenient to make means for a characted to know if he carries a piece of gear that is too high in level in order to use it's full power (too comlicated to control, nonstandard, well, you have got fantazy). It could be seen in "compare" for example. Like this:

Dagger of Death is bla-bla more harm then bla-bla the silvery rapier.
You are not sure you are able to use the full power of Dagger of Death.

The quesion is: where is the right place for such ideas?

KastellynMon 11-Sep-06 10:06 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
864 posts
#1421, "RE: Heavens, yes."
In response to Reply #4

This board works fine for ideas like this, or the Gameplay board. I'm advocating changes to compare anyway, and I like this idea, so I'll throw it in the queue.

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

TheerklaSun 10-Sep-06 03:25 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1055 posts
#1417, "Yes, but..."
In response to Reply #0

If a level 15 assassin wields a level 50 sword, they will NOT be able to use it to it's full effectiveness. However, this affect is often offset by how much better that level 50 weapon is. If however, you have a choice between an avg. 16 damage level 20 sword and an avg. 16 damage level 50 sword, you are generally better off wielding the lower level sword.

As in all things, the best way to determine which weapon is better is to use the two in similar conditions and see which does more damage.

trhSun 10-Sep-06 03:32 PM
Member since 09th Jul 2006
65 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#1419, "RE: Yes, but..."
In response to Reply #1

Hmmm, I don't know. If I were to take something like the Eagle-Marked Sword (avg 28, high level, 50?) and a silver rapier as a level 15 fire giant, I'm pretty sure I'll see more damage come from the silver rapier. I think the coding for this is pretty effective. Add ten levels to the character (25), and I'd definitely take the eagle-marked sword. Obviously someone who can look at the code could offer a better explanation. But I think at a certain level, the weapons level becomes less noticable. Or it could just be a gradual thing, I don't know. Anyways, I'm rambling.

Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1416 Previous topic | Next topic