Subject: "Just a question about this site." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1391
Show all folders

PernThu 17-Aug-06 05:50 AM
Member since 24th May 2005
6 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1391, "Just a question about this site."

I am not certain where to post this question but I just ask it here.

I was wondering if there is any way a search could be set up for the Premium Graveyard. To search for certain names and/or search for race.

I wanted to look at some past gnome descriptions to get a decent idea of what the player base thinks one looks like and have to go through each character one by one just to check it out.

Just wondering if this could be done to the sight just to make things a little easier and I wouldn't mind looking up some of my past chracters by name just to read what they had again.

thanks

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Terwin05Thu 17-Aug-06 08:33 AM
Member since 22nd Dec 2005
124 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1392, "There is already a way to do this:"
In response to Reply #0

1. At the top of the forum listing, click on search.
2. Click on the link to use the "advanced search" form.
3. Under the advanced search form, select "Premium Battlefield" as the target forum.
4. Use the name or race of the character you want to look for as the keyword.

The one caveat is that if you search by race, you're not always guaranteed to get characters only of that race, but in my experience it limits the results well enough that you can usually find what you are looking for.

Cheers,
T

IsildurFri 18-Aug-06 10:40 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
#1393, "RE: There is already a way to do this:"
In response to Reply #1

I've tried this, and it's not ideal. Searching by class is also hard. Dio's has a facility that links back to this site, but it isn't perfect either. A carrionfields.com-based faclity would be best, but it sounds like it might be alot of effort, in which case I suspect the staff's time could be better spent elsewhere.

Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1391 Previous topic | Next topic