Subject: "Tell to self" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1313
Show all folders

VotelSat 24-Jun-06 07:20 PM
Member since 24th Jun 2006
3 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1313, "Tell to self"

Am I right in assuming that immortals can see that too? I'm thinking that it'll be a good way to express your character's thoughts without saying it out loud, kind of wording out what he's thinking in his head.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Request of sorts, Lightmage, 26-Jun-06 12:19 PM, #2
Reply RE: Think command:, Valguarnera, 26-Jun-06 01:46 PM, #3
     Reply "Tell self" will make hiding character steps out of sha..., Void, 26-Jun-06 10:06 PM, #5
     Reply Also think this would be useful for..., Nightshade, 27-Jun-06 04:29 AM, #6
          Reply You can use role for that. nt, DurNominator, 27-Jun-06 07:31 AM, #7
               Reply Not exactly; I see the point., nepenthe, 27-Jun-06 07:39 AM, #8
                    Reply Precisely. Still not worth coding though? txt, Nightshade, 01-Jul-06 10:13 PM, #9
Reply Yes, Corrlaan, 26-Jun-06 11:42 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Yes, Votel, 26-Jun-06 02:03 PM, #4

LightmageMon 26-Jun-06 12:19 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
319 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1316, "Request of sorts"
In response to Reply #0

Is it possible for you guys to add a Think command?

SOmetimes when in character you might be doing something and realize full well that it seems strange. Maybe out of char, maybe you and the other person involved know the events leading to it...ect.

The command would be much like a tell to self....but any imms watching would be able to understand just wtf you are doing.

ie) Think: I realize I am at war with Empire, but this young fool does not know me properly. I am going to lead him astray and gain his trust, before eventually slaying him...

Maybe keep it in a que for a bit, kinda like a mini role.

SOmetimes effects me when I am praying for some Immteraction. The Imms dont have a clue what is going through my head and I must come across like a jackass...maybe a quick explanation prompt like this will explain things and let everyone involved stay in char.

Hope is the worst of evils, for it prolongs the torment of man.

ValguarneraMon 26-Jun-06 01:46 PM
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1317, "RE: Think command:"
In response to Reply #2

This would do exactly what 'tell self' does. Any immortal that can listen in on your tells knows this and can interpret it properly.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

VoidMon 26-Jun-06 10:06 PM
Member since 13th Apr 2005
31 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1319, ""Tell self" will make hiding character steps out of sha..."
In response to Reply #3

At least that was the case last I tried.

I was tempted to "tell self" a few times as a hiding class but the circumstances did not allow me to take the risk of stepping out of shadows.

Maybe I'm just too paranoid.

Then again, why should "thinking" to myself make me step of shadows?

NightshadeTue 27-Jun-06 04:29 AM
Member since 30th Apr 2005
125 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#1320, "Also think this would be useful for..."
In response to Reply #3

Having a "thought" log available to imms, which could keep a characters' thoughts available for reading each log in. Nothing saved between, just sort of a running log of thoughts each session. I doubt enough people would use it to hurt game performance or anything.

Seems to me that many times immortals aren't watching from the get go and it would help bring them up to speed if they jumped into a situation in progress.

--Nightshade

DurNominatorTue 27-Jun-06 07:31 AM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1321, "You can use role for that. nt"
In response to Reply #6

nt

nepentheTue 27-Jun-06 07:39 AM
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1322, "Not exactly; I see the point."
In response to Reply #7

If I'm a Scion grouping with an Empire or Outlander who doesn't know I am and I'm planning to betray them the first time we rest or something like that, I would normally tell self about that to explain my intentions to anyone watching at that moment.

At the same time, that isn't really worthy of writing a role chapter fast -- it's not significant to the story of my character on the macro level, it's just something I'm doing at the moment which might look iffy.

NightshadeSat 01-Jul-06 10:13 PM
Member since 30th Apr 2005
125 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#1330, "Precisely. Still not worth coding though? txt"
In response to Reply #8

I think tools that help player/immortal interaction are always positive things.

--Nightshade

CorrlaanMon 26-Jun-06 11:42 AM
Member since 26th Sep 2005
195 posts
#1315, "Yes"
In response to Reply #0

Not much more that needs to be said other than Yes...we can hear what your saying to yourself.

Corrlaan

Corrlaan followers are NICE. With a capital NICE!

VotelMon 26-Jun-06 02:03 PM
Member since 24th Jun 2006
3 posts
#1318, "RE: Yes"
In response to Reply #1

Thanks for the answer.

Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1313 Previous topic | Next topic