Subject: "Question about clients" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1190
Show all folders

Hozen MijzuSun 05-Mar-06 04:21 AM
Member since 12th Nov 2004
3 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1190, "Question about clients"

I'm looking for a client to play CF with. It's been a long time since I used one, and the site Telnet isn't up to snuff. I don't need anything fancy, but just something that is a good, solid client for use on the mud. Thank you in advance for recommendations.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

NightshadeWed 08-Mar-06 02:07 PM
Member since 30th Apr 2005
125 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#1199, "I'm the only person I know of that uses Portal GT"
In response to Reply #0

I like it pretty good though, and they still develop it. www.gameaxle.com

--Nightshade

HagglerTue 07-Mar-06 05:10 PM
Member since 30th Jun 2005
110 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1198, "My Client of Choice"
In response to Reply #0

Is pueblo.

http://pueblo.sourceforge.net/

It's got some tintin programming functionality (I really just like the aliasing) lacks some functionality (no #system, and I can't get substituting to work) it's free, it's easy to use, and it logs for you if you ask it to. It'll do triggers and stuff in a semi-normal way, and does color, html, etc etc. Check it out.

AarnMon 06-Mar-06 09:48 AM
Member since 04th Feb 2005
566 posts
#1195, "RE: Question about clients"
In response to Reply #0

Personally, I really like Zmudd. It has a small, one-time fee to use, but if you use it a lot it's worth it in my opinion.

If it still comes with a free trial period, I suggest you play with it and a few of the other free ones, and see what you like. It has everything to do with personal preference, so it would really behoove you to try as many as you can before you settle down, so to speak.

DurNominatorSun 05-Mar-06 04:54 PM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1192, "I use MUSHclient"
In response to Reply #0

The shareware version of it. Works well and I'm happy with it.

RodriguezSun 05-Mar-06 06:15 AM
Member since 30th Jan 2005
367 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#1191, "RE: Question about clients"
In response to Reply #0

I use Wintin (http://www.wintin.org) and I am happy with it.
Its open source and has a very dedicated developer.

Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1190 Previous topic | Next topic