Subject: "New Player" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1153
Show all folders

lovechiefsSat 25-Feb-06 02:35 AM
Member since 24th Feb 2006
8 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#1153, "New Player"

Hello all
My in game name is Ikki.I am new to Carrion Fields.I do however have experience with the muds made by Iron Realms.
Looking forward to discover this MUD and roleplay

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

LarcatSat 25-Feb-06 12:29 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
495 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1156, "Welcome! Link to help within (txt)"
In response to Reply #0

Hello!

I hope you enjoy your time in carrionfields. It is a great game, but is not simple at all.

The best advice I can give is

http://www.carrionfields.com/Help/CFGameGuide.rtf

Read that, and use the helpfile system.

Good luck!

"New payment options w/ Iron Realms"

AarnSat 25-Feb-06 11:09 AM
Member since 04th Feb 2005
566 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1155, "Welcome"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Sat 25-Feb-06 11:10 AM

Well welcome to the MUD! We're glad to have you. It's a much different style then you'll be used to from IRE games, but I think you'll get the hang of it quickly. A few quick pointers:

- Go through the Academy and read all the stuff. I know it's not terribly exciting for an experienced mudder to go through a newbie academy, but it really will do a good job getting you acquainted with the differences.

- There is a helpfile for almost everything. If you have a question about it, try typing it in with the "help" command, and see what comes up. Failing that, ask on the newbie channel.

- One major difference between CF and games running on the Rapture engine that I've seen is combat. Here, you do not have to enter a command every round for a fight. Your character will do the basic fighting automatically once you or your opponent starts combat. The strategy comes in from entering the various skills or spells that your character knows. For example, you type in "kill creature", and combat starts. Each round that goes by you'll get a chance at the appropriate number of attacks based on your characters skills, while your foe gets the chance to avoid the attack based on their various skills, then vice-versa. In between these normal rounds, you each can do your special abilities.

Aarn?

Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1153 Previous topic | Next topic